Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current thoughts on the Sig P320

Current thoughts on the Sig P320

Greetings,

I know for a while about 1-2 years ago, the Sig P320 was all the rage, and now I don't hear much about them. I had picked up a 320C in 9mm and like it, but am not wowed by it. Kind of feels like a striker fired polymer framed P228/229. I like the trigger characteristics, accuracy and the frame changeability. Having said that, I love to tinker. After fully disassembling the FCU of the P320 just because and having to order a variety of springs and pin that were lost or bent, I won't be doing that again. Also, for the effort involved, noticeable gains in lower trigger weight and smoothness weren't realized. This could also be that the 320 has a pretty decent feeling trigger out of the box. I understand the 320 handles the .40 well too.

What are your thoughts/opinions on the 320 platform today? Again, a year or so ago the 320 was very much in the radar. These days, not so much.

I'm not a big SFA fan, I'll say that as a disclaimers.

I had one and shot about 3k rounds through it in a couple of months. It's a good gun. I liked the trigger reset feature for dry fire (not sure of the exact name). It was my carry gun but my CZ got the majority of the reps for me. To me, all these guns are about the same. I own pairs of 8 different pistols (most DA/SA) and all of them go bang, shoot pretty much the same accuracy, and have the same features. If I was only going to buy one SFA, it'd be a Gen 4 Glock. A pair of Glocks, sights, mags, and a lot of ammo. I just don't see enough benefit any the other SFAs to make up for the lack of cheap parts, crazy aftermarket support, and ease of replacement.

Just my useless opinion.

Vending Machine Operator
    I held the P320 Carry (3.9" and 17-rounder).

Nice, but I liked my VP9 better.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I thought Sig discontinued it, or was it just the 320 shooting team?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I still like mine, won't get rid of it. Solidly comes in second in striker fired pistols to my #1 preference being the Glock17.

By far my favorite striker fired gun. This relegated my g19 to the safe and caused me to sell my PPQ. I like it so much that the last few months I've begun to move away from most my TDA manual of arms that I carried. For me the feel in my hand is outstanding and it's just a very easy gun to be accurate with. Trigger is just right. I swap out between sc & compact a fair amount. I just really enjoy shooting it, and for me, shoot it pretty well. Really looking forward to seeing RX compact version to being released which will make the modularity even better.

I did not feel it gave me anything a VP9 or PPQ didn't, and it just felt fat.

It's early for me to reach a verdict, but I'm really liking mine so far (full size 9). "Best" striker trigger I've shot (realizing best is very subjective). I find it easy to shoot slow well, but need more time to figure out performance at speed. The more vertical grip angle is forcing me to adjust my support hand grip technique a bit - subtle, but it's there.

Mags are too expensive.

I think the nice feature of the swappable grip frames (and general modularity) is lost on most users since it requires buying a different piece. Sure, they might have a sample grip to grab in the store, but buying them separate is not conducive to experimenting except for the desperate, or very dedicated, user. It is a huge boon to the solder-gun tinker crowd, though. I want to pick up a frame to play with, actually.

It hasn't dethroned my G19 yet, but i do really like it.

I'd like to give the smaller models a whirl.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I would have been happier with a p320c then my vp9. The gun just shoots well for me. The grip frames are a huge difference too from small to large. I have been carrying a p07 and really like it. But obviously completely different. If the new cz was not coming out I would probably buy a p320c of my own. Not as fun shooting friends pistols.

The RX version is the one to get. More than a few people I know have it and love it.

User Tag List