View Poll Results: HK trigger: Modified or no?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 47.62%
  • No

22 52.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Do you modify your serious use HK triggers?

P30 V1, no, I'm not good enough with it yet to be able to address any deficiencies that might exist
    P7M8, no, the trigger is the best thing about it.

Site Supporter
    I run the TLG LEM spring setup on my P2000's, SK, and P30. IMHO, that arrangement is conservative enough that I have trouble thinking of it as a "modified" trigger.

I also converted all my USPs to LEM, but I'm not sure I can count them as "serious use guns," as I haven't actually carried them in awhile. I would love an excuse to put my USP45 to use as a field pistol, but at present, my life is somewhat lacking in regards to recreational time and bears.

I'm on the fence. I'm having one of my HK P2000 LEM 9mm worked on by Rick @ Lazy Wolf Guns. The trigger will either be in the 4-4.5 lb. or 5-5.5 lb. range, heavier than my competition 1911. I'll decide after I get the gun back whether to carry the stock or modified gun (or get the second gun worked on). It's essentially a civil litigation issue in the unlikely event I ever have to use my carry gun; I don't have any safety concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    A better question would be "Is your HK trigger configuration stock or a stock variant?"

Yes
    No
    Nah. I'm interested in seeing how many people pick the gun up as delivered and decide to change it. Not so much interested in the change being equivalent to a stock offering or not.

Where the Glock trigger thread surprised me with the percentage of altered trigger groups, the modular nature of an HK leaving so many guns left alone is also surprising. Though perhaps because people can order a variant they want to begin with.

TLG LEM on all three of my P2000s. And I converted my USPc to LEM with a match TRS, although that one is pretty much limited to range use.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    Where the Glock trigger thread surprised me with the percentage of altered trigger groups, the modular nature of an HK leaving so many guns left alone is also surprising. Though perhaps because people can order a variant they want to begin with.
    Or perhaps because they're more complicated to mess with.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Changing the mainspring is one pin away in a USP. For all the Beretta D spring love, the USP series has a much more user friendly pin. Again just speaking to the USP, but the fiddlybits are pretty simple and modular, just take a modicum of patience to line up during reassembly. Converting from DA/SA to safety-less LEM results in a net reduction of parts in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    I'd say the lion's share of "No" are due to the VP line having excellent triggers out of the box. On the opposite side, increasing light LEM to TLG LEM is likely a good chunk of them.

User Tag List