View Poll Results: HK trigger: Modified or no?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 47.62%
  • No

22 52.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you modify your serious use HK triggers?

Poll: Do you modify your serious use HK triggers?

Related to this thread regarding Glock triggers:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Glock-triggers

To qualify as a "No", you pistol must be stock and as it was delivered to you.

Any modification to the spring or fire control group places you in the "Yes" column.

To start, my USP compact in 40 S&W (primary carry gun) has a match sear spring as the only modification I have personally made to the internals. It also started life as a DA/SA but was converted to heavy LEM by the previous owner. My previous and briefly carried USPc in 9mm was converted to light LEM by me. My USP in .40 is a range gun but has received a match trigger kit and V9 (safety-only) detent plate.
    Last edited by Hi-Point Aficionado; 11-30-2016 at 02:14 PM.

I have 4 P2000s, and I'm quite happy with their factory triggers. My latest gun, a 2016 "BG" date stamp, had an excellent out of the box.

I did try a nickel sear in my P2000sk, and noticed exactly zero difference. I didn't bother to take it out, but won't go to the effort in any new guns.

P30SK LEM V1 Carry Gun - No.
    VP9 Game Gun - No mods other than a set of Trijicon HD sights.

GrayGuns RRCPPs on both my P30LSes. Also had Bill Springfield mess with my first gun, an HK45, before I sent it off to GrayGuns for a RRCPP, too (the HK45 has since been sold).

Mine are completely stock.

And then I woke up drenched in a cold sweat. Must've had fever.

Mine are as taken delivery from my FFL. Never gone beyond a field strip on the ones I carry. Took apart the spare gun to see how it was done; that was enough to dissuade me from doing any mods.

I'm completely satisfied with the OEM trigger on my VP40; if anything it verges on the edge of being too light and smooth...I did add a drop of Weapon Shield between the outer face of the triggerbar and the inner face of the receiver portion where it and the triggerbar rub, to smooth things just a bit further.

Best, Jon

I don't have a mechanical engineering degree so I try not to touch anything inside an HK if I can avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to light lem on my hk45c. My vp9 is coming soon and the only thing changing is the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I don't have a mechanical engineering degree so I try not to touch anything inside an HK if I can avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have an IQ of 7 and manage without issue. HKs aren't that bad to work on once you figure them out.

User Tag List