Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on .40 Durability: HK VP40 vs HK P30

Quote Originally Posted by bladehack View Post
    Somone over on HKPro posted interior pics of a .40 and 9mm P30 slide side-by-side and you could definitely see where the 9mm slide had more material removed and thus would weigh less then the .40 slide (I do not know the weight delta betwen the two calibers.
    According to HK's website, 0.72oz.

The P30 slide also has to overcome the hammer spring, which will serve to absorb energy; the VP9 slide has to compensate with additional mass.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The P30 slide also has to overcome the hammer spring, which will serve to absorb energy; the VP9 slide has to compensate with additional mass.
    This is a really good point.

This thread tempts me to eventually play with a VP40. Do the mags fit a P2000/USPc/P2000SK like the VP9 mags do?

The VP40 uses .40 P30 magazines-they're the same for both pistols.

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The VP40 uses .40 P30 magazines-they're the same for both pistols.

Best, Jon
    One of the main reasons I got my VP9 was this. It shows a lot of design intelligence and consideration of the customer to use a proven magazine design and not make it proprietary for a few extra bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Anyone familiar with a modern HK pistol, regardless of caliber, that was not "best in class," in terms of reliability?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone familiar with a modern HK pistol, regardless of caliber, that was not "best in class," in terms of reliability?
    My answer would be intrinsically "yes," but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're necessarily the best choice across the board; if, for example, part of the selection criteria is ease of operator detailed disassembly/reassembly, and time required for such and periodic inspections, it's likely gonna be a Glock kinda selection winner.

But for straight-out hard/heavy use and inherent component quality, I think that ToddG's P30 and HK45 extended tests and usage speak well for the modern/contemporary HK platforms.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 12-02-2016 at 09:05 PM.

VP9 - I swear I saw something on Youtube...

Name:  HK P30.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  30.6 KB

Meh. I've seen just about everything choke. That wasn't my P30 in the picture (it was a rental gun), but my VP9 had two malfunctions in the first 1000 rounds. Anything can fail, but HKs are still better than most.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List