Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on the TCU for the Beretta 92

I've got a Wilson Chrome Silicon TRS in my 92 for almost two years now with a crap ton of dry and live fire. I wonder how much more it'll go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Never tried this! I'll do so. I wonder if the 1982 92S would benefit more. The 2013 92FS is pretty broken in and smooth, but the 92S is still painfully stiff in every regard (trigger, safety, action, everything though function is good.

Check out the gunsmithing section

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I've got a Wilson Chrome Silicon TRS in my 92 for almost two years now with a crap ton of dry and live fire. I wonder how much more it'll go.
    Well, they guarantee it against breakage, and apparently feel it's a lifetime part; it's part of their Bulletproof component line. But they also feel pretty positive in their advertising blurb for the TCU that they also market.

It's probably just a matter of taste/preference between the two, but the TCU's price is 4 times more expensive than the Wilson chrome silicon lever spring-$20 vs $5. While I'm exceptionally pleased with the TCU, perhaps I'll get the $5 Wilson chrome silicon lever as an inexpensive (and probably unnecessary) back-up to protect against Mr. Murphy....

Best, Jon

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Never tried this! I'll do so. I wonder if the 1982 92S would benefit more. The 2013 92FS is pretty broken in and smooth, but the 92S is still painfully stiff in every regard (trigger, safety, action, everything though function is good.
    My 1992 vintage Italian manufactured 92FS has the typically heavy trigger pull because it is using the absurdly strong springs Beretta has to use to meet military primer-busting requirements. But the pull itself is smooth. Heavy, but smooth.

The trigger pull on my Wilson Brig Tac, in contrast, is much lighter...but also rougher.

I suspect that the small parts on the 1992 pistol had the benefit of being placed into some sort of vibrating tumbler that perhaps the Brig Tac's relevant parts (hammer, hammer strut) did not.

I would much rather have smooth and heavy than lighter and rougher as I find it's much easier to anticipate with the rougher trigger than the smoother one.

My beef with some of the TCU's I've used (all of mine were bought many years ago) is that a couple of them introduce roughness into the trigger pull that isn't there with the factory style spring. The TCUs Wilson sells appear to be better made than the original Wolff units I bought some time ago, but even so I think the factory style spring is a bit smoother in my guns.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 11-30-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    3/15/2016

My used Berettas already have the Wilson TRS, and the 'new' has the factory improved spring.

I just realized I should have made this a "Do you modify your pizza gun" thread with poll.

User Tag List