Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humble brag & a couple of questions

Humble brag & a couple of questions

I never should have looked into the Revolver Forum. But I did and the Hairy Snowflake & Tam lured me onto this path once again.
    Found a 5" blue 2nd Model Hand Ejector in .44 Special. Yay!
    Did I mention they called me back after I bought it to tell me it was on sale for 15% off for Black Friday? Yay again!!

I would like a simple leather holster to carry it in while walking about the hills of Arkansas, but I'm way out of the loop on wheelgun holsters.
    Something plain, but sturdy will fit my needs, so whatcha got?

I'd also like to add some new stocks, but want something dramatic like my Challis grips.
    Pic is not mine, but similar.
    Name:  170 Buckeye Burl on Wilson Supergrade.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  77.5 KB

So who can make something with exotic wood for my new precious?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Doesn't look like blue to me. Looks like some kind of tactical black.

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    I never should have looked into the Revolver Forum. But I did and the Hairy Snowflake & Tam lured me onto this path once again.
    Did I mention they called me back after I bought it to tell me it was on sale for 15% off for Black Friday? Yay again!!

I would like a simple leather holster to carry it in while walking about the hills of Arkansas, but I'm way out of the loop on wheelgun holsters.

I'd also like to add some new stocks, but want something dramatic like my Challis grips.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

FYI.......that is not a 2nd Model Hand Ejector in .44 Spl.......you have not been paying attention. With that said, Wilson Custom 1911's are sort of neat too...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    FYI.......that is not a 2nd Model Hand Ejector in .44 Spl.......you have not been paying attention. With that said, Wilson Custom 1911's are sort of neat too...
    To be fair, it does appear to be a 5 inch gun, so at least part of it is right.

All kidding aside, those grips are straight-up beautiful, and I can understand why md8232 would want similar ones for a new (old) revolver.

On the serious side. Holster.....JRCustom who is on here. Alex at American Classic Gunleather actually specializes in older style holsters for classic guns. He likely has one like yours to mold off of. Grips.....lots of folks, key is time and how much you want to spend. Kurac on S&W forum (John Culina) is likely a good starting point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Tough crowd tonite.

Anyway, I think I've found a good pic of my S&W, so here goes. Based on my question at the S&W forum, probably a 1925 build.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Those grips wouldn't be wasted on a Wilson. They ride on my Yost Colt.

Charles de Gaulle

Those grips wouldn't be wasted on a Wilson. They ride on my Yost Colt.
    I said Wilson's are sort of neat. Yost guns are awesome . Cool gun. If it was me, I would actually do Stag grips on that one. Combine that with some cool retro floral or basketweave carved leather and you could feel America surging from that gun. I think so,e cool stags would highlight the natural age and patina.

I said Wilson's are sort of neat. Yost guns are awesome . Cool gun. If it was me, I would actually do Stag grips on that one. Combine that with some cool retro floral or basketweave carved leather and you could feel America surging from that gun. I think so,e cool stags would highlight the natural age and patina.
    Thanks. I was being a smart ass. My CQB wears VCD's, & other Colt wears VZ's even tho "It'll get me killed in the street".

Got home with the Smif just in time to shoot 12 rounds. I'll need grips that fill my hand a bit more. Kinda like the basketweave idea, but not feeling the stags. Need wood from the
    last tree cut down in the Rainforest.

Any thoughts on the S.L. Variant speedloaders? Are they ever seen in the wild, or just mythical Unicorn type stuff?
    Last edited by md8232; 12-02-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Charles de Gaulle

Thanks. I was being a smart ass. My CQB wears VCD's, & other Colt wears VZ's even tho "It'll get me killed in the street".

Got home with the Smif just in time to shoot 12 rounds. I'll need grips that fill my hand a bit more. Kinda like the basketweave idea, but not feeling the stags. Need wood from the
    last tree cut down in the Rainforest.

Any thoughts on the S.L. Variant speedloaders? Are they ever seen in the wild, or just mythical Unicorn type stuff?
    I don't know if the S.L.'s even exist for that thing. I would just go with HKS's at this point. A grip adaptor may be the best bet on it to shoot. The pre war N frame is different from newer guns and need grips cut for them. A service grip and grip adaptor is usually the solution. Often you can find 1917 stocks that will work well in combination with a grip adaptor and you can save the ones on it.

User Tag List