Thread: Recommended training on the Colorado Front Range

Recommended training on the Colorado Front Range

I would like to get some formal training, anyone know of a range with good in house instructors or instructors visiting the area?

At this time I'm looking for pistol, carbine in the future.

Please and thank you!

The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews. There's a periodic class with the Combat Focus Shooting that's now held at Bristlecone (Lakewood) and in Nunn, CO. There was a guy out near Bennett that got some great reviews. I was going to do my CHP training with him, but a family friend is a SWAT officer and certified instructor and offered my training for free. I'm having a hard time finding the website for the Bennett guy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRock View Post
    The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews.
    I'd like to hear more from any PF'er that has trained with them. http://www.makhairagroup.com/
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'd like to hear more from any PF'er that has trained with them. http://www.makhairagroup.com/
    I'll be looking to get my concealed carry permit shortly and they offer a pistol class over two evenings for $175. I'm in the same boat tho, I have never heard of them and know nothing of their rep, while the money and time aren't too high I'm cautious over being the PF guinea pig!

Quote Originally Posted by JackRock View Post
    The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews. There's a periodic class with the Combat Focus Shooting that's now held at Bristlecone (Lakewood) and in Nunn, CO. There was a guy out near Bennett that got some great reviews. I was going to do my CHP training with him, but a family friend is a SWAT officer and certified instructor and offered my training for free. I'm having a hard time finding the website for the Bennett guy, though.
    Jack, I've not been shooting at Bristlecone for a while now. I heard things that made me pause for thought about their range safety. I can't verify what was said but it was said by an ex SWAT guy and I've been shy of the place since.

Nuun, CO is hosting a Defoor class I would love to have felt confident enough in my abilities to sign up for, I'll keep watching, if they're gonna host people of Defoor's calibre it'd be a great place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Jack, I've not been shooting at Bristlecone for a while now. I heard things that made me pause for thought about their range safety. I can't verify what was said but it was said by an ex SWAT guy and I've been shy of the place since.
    If that's a concern, meet up with me some day. I live less than a mile from it (and will be moving even closer in the next two weeks). I've been a member there since literally before they opened in Jan 2015, and I cannot say there are any safety problems there at all. Sure, you get the occasional customer/shooter there that's an idiot, but they've been quickly corrected by the RSOs in every case I've seen.

User Tag List