Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger "M4 Clone" AR556 - feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Nothing's fallen off or broken in the statistically meaningless count of 200 rounds so far.
    Have we not established in another thread of yours that all of anyone's experience is statistically meaningless?

IMO they're decent enough and I have no qualms selling them. If it passes a function check (had one that couldn't. Shipped from the factory without a bolt catch pin) it'll likely be good and if there's a QC problem Ruger's customer service is second to none. There's some things about it that make me lean towards a S&W Sport II if that's where my budget was but I've sold a ton and haven't had to send any back lately.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Have we not established in another thread of yours that all of anyone's experience is statistically meaningless?
    Only when the affected users are greater then the sample count.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Staking on the gas key:

Name:  IMG_0196.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  23.0 KB

Sorry for the shit ass picture, trying to do what I can on my phone. Gas key staking is inadequate. Same BCG has odd texture and discoloration and noticeable tool marks. Receiver endplate/extension nut not staked at all, markings on lower receiver are garbage. This one is from Ruger's NC factory. IIRC previously they were marked NH? Not talking any shit here, but there's some small differences between the samples I'd seen before and the ones I've got here in front of me.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Looks very much like the last one we received.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Staking on the gas key:

Name:  IMG_0196.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  23.0 KB

Sorry for the shit ass picture, trying to do what I can on my phone. Gas key staking is inadequate. Same BCG has odd texture and discoloration and noticeable tool marks. Receiver endplate/extension nut not staked at all, markings on lower receiver are garbage. This one is from Ruger's NC factory. IIRC previously they were marked NH? Not talking any shit here, but there's some small differences between the samples I'd seen before and the ones I've got here in front of me.
    So, in a glance we can tell this gun is not built to specs. That is shown by the lack of staking and by the fact the fasteners are wrong. Those are unknown grade 9/64", when they're supposed to be SAE Grade 8 1/8". Unknown if they properly prepped the joining surfaces of the gas key and BCG or if the torque on the fasteners is correct. Combined with the unstaked receiver extension nut, we can tell in less than 30 seconds this gun is a no go for a duty gun.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List