Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rear Sight in front of RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am not sure why?
    For me (AIWB), rear sight is a printing point. So much so that its size and shape has now become a selection process part, and I am talking regular height sights. I thought that a suppressor height rear on the back of the slide will create a bigger printing point than optic on the back of the slide, considering that the sight is taller than optic's housing.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-04-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I don't have an issue with rear sights printing, nor do I care where someone puts their rear sight vis a vis the RMR. My only point was don't look for the sights. Look at the target and let the dot appear. When it appears, don't look at it, just make sure it is where you want to hit then let her rip. Target focus the whole time.

Not to reopen another whole can of worms, but I got a kick out of the end of the video and his description of temple index. I have recently seen it described by others as being completely different from how he shows it. So much so that they used his as the complete wrong way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Not to reopen another whole can of worms, but I got a kick out of the end of the video and his description of temple index. I have recently seen it described by others as being completely different from how he shows it. So much so that they used his as the complete wrong way to do it.
    There's a right way? :-)

(yes, full of snark, don't take it too seriously. I'm full of egg nog. Sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    There's a right way? :-)

(.)
    If there is, I wouldn't know it. Out of dozens of pistol classes I have taken, I have never been taught the method. That sort of reinforces to me that I have studied with the right people. I better stop before it becomes a full derail.

Most of my dot shooting has been with the iron in front of the optic. I think there are good reasons to do it that way, but really don't care much one way or the other. My main dot gun is set up that way, so in the last couple of years, the only guns I've shot with irons behind the optic were other's.

Since I keep hearing how much slower dots are within 10 yards, I started wondering about it. That has never been the case for me, nor my friends and family who I shoot with. Upon hearing that, someone actually told me that I needed to get out more. As if my shooting is provincial or something. Maybe it is.

In order to figure out why I find dots faster, I started examining my dot set up vs. most of the others out there. My optic is closer to the rear of the slide. My optic (Deltapoint) is bigger than many out there. These two factors mean that my window appears larger to me than an RMR mounted in front of the rear sight. Maybe that's why I pick the dot up so easily.

Nope.

I shot a 19MOS tonight, with an RMR and trijicon 3 dot night sights. Just as fast, just as easy. I don't much care for the MOS, but I may have to set up an RMR gun now.

The question is, do I put the irons in front, or behind?

Go with the less expensive cut?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Most of my dot shooting has been with the iron in front of the optic. I think there are good reasons to do it that way, but really don't care much one way or the other. My main dot gun is set up that way, so in the last couple of years, the only guns I've shot with irons behind the optic were other's.

Since I keep hearing how much slower dots are within 10 yards, I started wondering about it. That has never been the case for me, nor my friends and family who I shoot with. Upon hearing that, someone actually told me that I needed to get out more. As if my shooting is provincial or something. Maybe it is.

In order to figure out why I find dots faster, I started examining my dot set up vs. most of the others out there. My optic is closer to the rear of the slide. My optic (Deltapoint) is bigger than many out there. These two factors mean that my window appears larger to me than an RMR mounted in front of the rear sight. Maybe that's why I pick the dot up so easily.

Nope.

I shot a 19MOS tonight, with an RMR and trijicon 3 dot night sights. Just as fast, just as easy. I don't much care for the MOS, but I may have to set up an RMR gun now.

The question is, do I put the irons in front, or behind?
    Stop. Shooting your DP pro was easy enough, now you tell me a g19 with rmr may be good to go? You might take me straight back to my days rolling with a m240B with RMR..

My experience, with some thousands of rounds through a G19 MOS with a RMR and DP Pro, in practice and matches, is the larger window on the DP Pro is easier to shoot well on complex target arrays. Sort of like the difference between a T1 and 30mm Aimpoint.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Stop. Shooting your DP pro was easy enough, now you tell me a g19 with rmr may be good to go? You might take me straight back to my days rolling with a m240B with RMR..
    I've seen people put M4's and AK's down their pants. If you can aiwb a 240B...

Remember. all of this is for fun, mostly while deployed away from home. I do not endorse jumping around.

Next week I'll be back to the .44's as its hunting time again:-)

User Tag List