View Poll Results: Do you improve your serious-use Glock triggers?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, improved.

81 50.31%
  • No, unimproved.

80 49.69%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes/No: Do you improve your serious-use Glock triggers?

I voted yes. I have a bone stock 26 which has the best glock trigger I've ever felt (admittedly I haven't felt a lot) and my main carry gun has a flat face trigger and a minus connector.

While I really like it a lot, I'm not convinced it'll be permanent.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    8 lb. NY1 trigger springs with 3.5 lb. "-"connectors. This combination provides a consistent pull weight from beginning to end, along with a crisper break, than the factory setup. The resulting trigger pull is slightly heavier than the factory setup (if I understand correctly, it is about 7 lb.), but due to the other factors, is also easier to shoot well than the factory setup. Regarding the courtroom issues, I would not use a trigger with a pull of less than 4 lb. for this reason. I am not the least bit worried about someone making an issue of my trigger selection. In fact, if a prosecutor or plaintiff's personal injury lawyer is going to be overzelous, I hope they are that stupid.

As noted by others, I run OEM "-" connectors in GEN 3 Glocks and stock "dot" triggers in GEN 4 Glocks.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Ghost Evo Elite (fitted) with 6lb trigger and striker springs in several Gen4 G17's. I just added a SSVI TYR trigger to that set up on one of them, i've yet to live fire it yet, but it feels awesome in dry firing it.

All of my serious Glocks have a factory "-" connector and standard springs.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    8 lb. NY1 trigger springs with 3.5 lb. "-"connectors. This combination provides a consistent pull weight from beginning to end, along with a crisper break, than the factory setup. The resulting trigger pull is slightly heavier than the factory setup (if I understand correctly, it is about 7 lb.), but due to the other factors, is also easier to shoot well than the factory setup. Regarding the courtroom issues, I would not use a trigger with a pull of less than 4 lb. for this reason. I am not the least bit worried about someone making an issue of my trigger selection. In fact, if a prosecutor or plaintiff's personal injury lawyer is going to be overzelous, I hope they are that stupid.
    Same as Bill. All Glock OEM parts, and this is a Glock authorized combination for duty use.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Wow, this has been really interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Now that we have sixty voters with near even split, let's go and have a shootout.
    Crazy right? I definitely wasn't expecting such an even split.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Stock trigger bar to whichever generation (I have Gen 2, 3, and 4 models) with a polished "-" connector and trigger bar where it contacts the connector. Apex striker blocks.

My regular carry guns get a factory extra power striker spring (red) after a few experiences with hard primers in some training ammo at work. I use an extra power trigger spring to offset the extra pull weight, but it still ends up about a half pound heavier than stock.
    That's really interesting, but makes a lot of sense. I definitely wasn't expecting anyone to be running one of the Glock OEM extra power striker springs. Very cool to see they're really out there
    Last edited by GRV; 11-29-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Gen3 G26 - no mods. Really "good" for a factory Glock trigger
    Gen4 G19 #1 - added a (-) connector.
    ^^ those two get carried most.
    Gen4 G19 #2 - no mods.
    Gen2 G19 - (-) connecter and NY1 spring.
    Gen3 G17 FDE - no mods
    Gen3 G17 w/ grip chop - very well worn/polished with (-) connector and NY1 with a reduced power spring in the NY1. Very nice attempt at a rolling break. It was awesome with just the plastic piece of the NY1 in place.
    Gen3 G34 OD - factory (-) connector and NY1 spring.

Despite all the philosophizing over the minutia I shoot them all pretty much the same at speed. For slow fire the Gen3 17 with grip chop has the best feel.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Gen 4 G17 #1: "Improved" in that I gave the dot connector + trigger bar interface a light polish job (no metal removed) and occasionally throw some grease on it. Was 7+lbs out of the box, this work brought it into the 5.5-6lb range with a nice roll. Was a carry gun, but now serves as a backup and practice gun.
    Gen 4 G17 #2: Unimproved except for grease on the trigger bar + connector. Trigger was excellent out of the box.
    Gen 4 G26: Currently unimproved (and also unfired and uncarried). I'll see how the trigger shakes out after reliability testing.

I have previously used APEX triggers in Gen 4 Glock 19s but didn't keep those when I went to G17s.

Vending Machine Operator
    I don't futz with the trigger or safety mechanisms of any home defense or carry gun. Strictly range guns. Both my G19G4 and G23G3 have stock triggers.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 11-29-2016 at 01:17 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List