Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen3 trigger bar in a Gen4 9mm

We are diminished
    Was it a 3rd gen trigger or a 3rd gen TRIGGER HOUSING GROUP in the gun?

My new Gen4 G19 has the original Gen4 trigger housing that came with it, and a Gen-3 smooth face trigger/trigger bar assembly that I just installed.

We are diminished
    I think a big part of the problem was using the gen3 trigger housing in gen4 guns. When people say they switched triggers, they often mean they switched the whole unit (which includes the ejector).

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    My new Gen4 G19 has the original Gen4 trigger housing that came with it, and a Gen-3 smooth face trigger/trigger bar assembly that I just installed.
    THIS.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is all on the old ejector since I am a lowly peon that cannot get a new ejector without sending my Glock off to the corporate mothership for a few weeks.
    I've read that Glock is now sending ejectors out to Glock armorers.

I am an armorer and yes they are sending them out. Also, for the record you must use the Gen 4 trigger housing if you go with the Gen 3 trigger bar. Todd is dead on right about people swapping the housing and having problems...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretNY View Post
    Also, for the record you must use the Gen 4 trigger housing if you go with the Gen 3 trigger bar. Todd is dead on right about people swapping the housing and having problems...
    I first tried it, found it didn't fit, and figured that either forcing it or attempting to grind down parts of the housing so I could cram it into the gun sounded like a Bad Idea.

I have a minus connector and a Gen 3 trigger bar in my Gen 4 G17 (using the Gen 4 trigger housing), and I like it much better that the original. Have had no reliability issues at all for about 4500 rounds so far.

User Tag List