Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen3 trigger bar in a Gen4 9mm

Gen3 trigger bar in a Gen4 9mm

I recently installed Lone Wolf 3.5 connectors in both of my Gen4 9's. (G17 & G19). After doing some dry-fire and shooting them both for a few months collectively, I have found that the "bump" on the trigger bar contact point with the firing pin safety is pretty awful on both pistols.

Since my recently purchased Gen4 G19 came with a serrated "target" style trigger in it which I hate, I decided to order a smooth trigger for it. After hearing of some trigger pull improvements made by adding a Gen-3 trigger bar to a Gen4 pistol I decided to order a Gen-3 smooth trigger/trigger bar assembly to try out in my Gen4 G19.

It came in yesterday and I installed it and immediately did some dry-fire practice. The awful feel of the "bump" from the original trigger bar is completely gone. The weight of the pull has only dropped by about 0.5lb according to my Lyman digital scale. (It breaks at an average of 5 pulls at 4lb. 14oz.) The overall feel of the pull is much smoother than with the original trigger bar. I really like the feel of the Lone Wolf 3.5 connector/Gen-3 trigger bar assembly combo as it does not have a definitive hard stop before the break, and instead sort of rolls right through it with more of a "surprise" break. If it proves reliable, I am sold on this combo.

I am looking for feedback from anyone else who has tried this combo, specifically on function, reliability, etc. Thanks in advance.

Stay safe,
    Nick

I have been running a gen 3 trigger bar with a glock "-" connector in my Gen 4 17 for about 10 months. So far, I like this combination the best. I don't have a trigger weight scale, but it feels the lightest of all the configurations that I have tried. I too get a semi-rolling break, but it's better than the gen 4 trigger bar IMO.

I like the rolling break vs the standard Glock break. The standard break feels less like a glass rod break and more like trying to break a tree branch over my leg.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 11-28-2011 at 03:04 AM.

In the Dot Torture DOTW thread, Todd mentioned to Tom_Jones that the Gen3 assembly in Gen4's is correlated to some malfunctions. Link Perhaps we can get him to expound.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 11-28-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: "assembly" was "triggerbar", changed so as not to be putting words in Todd's, um, fingers.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

My Gen.4 G23 had a noticeably heavier trigger than my Gen.3 G23. I had a spare Gen.3 complete trigger assembly for a G23. After reading reports that a Gen.3 trigger bar in the Gen.4 made an improvement I replaced the stock G23Gen.4 guts with the Gen.3 assembly. I initially used only the Gen.3 trigger bar with the connector that came in the Gen.4. This resulted in a smoother pull but still heavier "feeling" than the stock Gen.3. Next, I put a spare minus connector I had in the Gen.4 and it resulted in a much improved trigger pull. I don't have a way to measure pull weight but it "felt" lighter; slightly lighter than the stock Gen.3 set up but not as light as the stock trigger in my G35(4.5 trigger) if that makes sense. I kept the Gen.3 trigger bar and minus connector in the Franken-Gen.4. When shooting it side by side with my stock G23Gen.3 the Gen.3 trigger "feels" heavier, almost like the Gen.3 has a heavier trigger spring but both springs are standard. Although the Franken-Gen.4 trigger pull "feels" lighter the reset is still sharp and crisp as a standard Glock trigger.

As far as function and reliability are concerned my expereince has been uneventful but my round count is low as of yet. I should break 1.5k rds. within a couple weeks. I do appreciate the smoother trigger pull and, from my experience, I would say a Gen.3 trigger bar at the very least made a big improvement. I just received a G22Gen.4 and it has a much better trigger compared to the G23Gen.4 (pre-modified). It's smoother and doesn't seem as heavy. I disassembeled it to see if it had a "dot" connector but I found no markings of any kind on the part. I'm going to keep it stock but I may add a Gen.3 trigger bar in the future.

I ran a gen 3 smooth faced 17 trigger in my G19 for about 2300 rounds. The pistol now has over 8k rounds through it, with 5700 of those being on the generation 4 bar with zero issues.

I experienced a "hangup" issue where the trigger bar was grinding against the trigger housing in the drop safety area. I immediately removed the bar, replaced it with a generation 4 and never experienced the issue again regardless of round count.

I have never experienced this issue in any other Glock.

Nick, I just bought a Gen 4 G17 two weeks ago and it has about 3000 rounds through it (2000 in a one day class this weekend). I have a Gen 3 bar in the gun and both the trigger and the gun itself has run flawlessly. Not one malfunction. It came with both the new ejector and RSA. I say go for it.

I've found it reliable in a Gen4 19.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I recently installed Lone Wolf 3.5 connectors in both of my Gen4 9's. (G17 & G19). After doing some dry-fire and shooting them both for a few months collectively, I have found that the "bump" on the trigger bar contact point with the firing pin safety is pretty awful on both pistols.

Since my recently purchased Gen4 G19 came with a serrated "target" style trigger in it which I hate, I decided to order a smooth trigger for it. After hearing of some trigger pull improvements made by adding a Gen-3 trigger bar to a Gen4 pistol I decided to order a Gen-3 smooth trigger/trigger bar assembly to try out in my Gen4 G19.

It came in yesterday and I installed it and immediately did some dry-fire practice. The awful feel of the "bump" from the original trigger bar is completely gone. The weight of the pull has only dropped by about 0.5lb according to my Lyman digital scale. (It breaks at an average of 5 pulls at 4lb. 14oz.) The overall feel of the pull is much smoother than with the original trigger bar. I really like the feel of the Lone Wolf 3.5 connector/Gen-3 trigger bar assembly combo as it does not have a definitive hard stop before the break, and instead sort of rolls right through it with more of a "surprise" break. If it proves reliable, I am sold on this combo.

I am looking for feedback from anyone else who has tried this combo, specifically on function, reliability, etc. Thanks in advance.

Stay safe,
    Nick
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've found it reliable in a Gen4 19.
    I thought you had reliability problems with that gun?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I thought you had reliability problems with that gun?
    I certainly did but I sincerely doubt any of my problems can be attributed to the Gen3 trigger. Initial teething problems for the first 300 or so rounds without the Gen3 trigger followed by stovepipes at around 4k rds with the Gen3 trigger that were remedied by the White Sound HRED and polishing the wear points on the extractor. I tried the new RSA and promptly got stovepipes so back I went to the 0-4 RSA. Gun has made one 2k rd challenge and were it not for the new RSA, would have sailed through the latest 2k rd challenge with flying colors, albeit with cases ejected vertically to the brim of my hat. I ordered another Glock extractor that seems to fit better (since the Lone Wolf extractors are unobtanium) and ran about 200 rounds through the pistol with no vertically ejected cases to the face.

This is all on the old ejector since I am a lowly peon that cannot get a new ejector without sending my Glock off to the corporate mothership for a few weeks.
    #RESIST

User Tag List