Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor

Glock Extractor

While shooting this weekend it was brought to my attention that I should replace the extractor in my Gen 3 G19.

Now I spent the morning reading up on what extractor goes with what gen.

From reading it seems that the LCI extractors seem to cause some problems even in gen3 guns. However the older 90 degree ones are for older generations.

Two things:

Is the above statement about LCI/Gen3 correct?

Where can one buy the non-LCI 15 degree extractors? My specific extractor number is "8" (I think)

Thanks
    PJ
    "When the hour of crisis comes, remember that 40 selected men can shake the world." -- Yasotay

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vmi-mo View Post
    From reading it seems that the LCI extractors seem to cause some problems even in gen3 guns. However the older 90 degree ones are for older generations.
    LCIs worked just fine in Gen 3 glocks for YEARS. It wasn't until the "dip" modification that was done in (early) 2010 did problems start surfacing. IMO, if you already have an LCI, you should be looking for an LCI extractor without the dip.

FWIW: I'm not replacing any of my extractors until they fail, but I do have some on hand for when that happens.
    Last edited by JV_; 09-25-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    LCIs worked just fine in Gen 3 glocks for YEARS. It wasn't until the "dip" modification that was done in (early) 2010 did problems start surfacing. IMO, if you already have an LCI, you should be looking for an LCI extractor without the dip. I know of a "stash" in Northern VA if you're interested in getting one locally.

FWIW: I'm not replacing any of my extractors until they fail, but I do have some on hand for when that happens.

It's also worth noting that since the early to mid 2011 Glock has been tweaking with the dip extractors, supposedly manufacturing them to better tolerances. After an equal amount of rounds through my 2010 Gen 4 G19 and my mid 2011 Gen 3 19, I've noticed the extractor in the Gen 3 is showing significantly less wear on certain points than my Gen 4 has.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    It's also worth noting that since the early to mid 2011 Glock has been tweaking with the dip extractors
    Agreed, I picked up some new extractors that didn't have the dip. I don't know if they've retreated on that design, or the shop was shipped old stock, but I was glad to see the old design. The number on the part is placed in a different location than the dip extractors, it's not on that cylinder.

Send me a PM on the stash, JV?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Send me a PM on the stash, JV?
    Ditto, sent you a PM

Site Supporter
    If you guys can't find them locally, the Lone Wolf 9mm extractor is a Glock Non-Dip LCI design.

We are diminished
    FWIW, I've already talked to two gen4 G34 owners (which presumably have the latest extractor) and both had serious reliability issues... the same "backwards spent case in the ejection port" issue that many of us have seen in G19s and G17s.

Too bad Apex Tactical's reliability package won't be out before you'll probably be over with the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Too bad Apex Tactical's reliability package won't be out before you'll probably be over with the test.
    Is there a projected date or time frame for its release?

User Tag List