Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sako TRG-22

Not to sound cheap, but price is actually part of what drove me to the AI. Higher cost of entry for the gun, but evrything else makes it very reasonable. TRG cost less to get into...unless and until you needed mags, a folding stock, etc...

SLG,
    Did you purchase the MK III before AT came out? I am curious to hear your opinion of AW vs AT.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    SLG,
    Did you purchase the MK III before AT came out? I am curious to hear your opinion of AW vs AT.

Thank you.
    I had a chance to buy the AT slightly before it hit the main market. I just don't prefer the ergos on the gun and I really like the old thumbhole. It is my understanding that you can retrofit the thumbholes to the AT, but I have not tried one like that. I like the double stack mags of the AW better than the AICS stuff, and bedding the action seems really cool to me, if ultimately meaningless. Once they put the 3 position safety on the AE, it hit all my needs perfectly. As a military weapon, I imagine the AT is superior. For my hard use but non professional needs, the AE MkIII is an almost perfect rifle.

I am also a huge TRG22 fan. I have a 308/20" and a 260/26". Love them both. I have a factory folder on the 260, and a KRG folder on the 308. Both are great....the KRG is MUCH less expensive. I have NEAR 20MOA rails on both, but would consider going with SPUHR mounts if I did it again. I have no complaints with the NEAR bases and NF rings.

I prefer the ATLAS bipod to the factory offering.

I really like the TRG mags, and have just slowly picked a few up here and there. I think I have 6 now. The hold 10 rounds, feed smooth, and are deep front to back, so I can load LONG if I need/want.

Can't go wrong with a TRG!

Best,

Will

Spent some time on one this spring working with a European country that used seized TRGs from dope and human traffickers. It was nice because I had looked hard at a .300 Win Mag version before buying my rifle.

They all shot extremely well. That said, as mentioned, after initial entry, accessories are tough pills to swallow. But if all you want is a reliable gun capable of sub minute accuracy, you could a lot worse. I found the triggers on the two I used to be quite impressive. The other thing that impressed me was it stayed sub minute well passed a grand. A lot of rifles tend to open up more dramatically after 800-1000, and the win mag stayed a 3/4 minute gun. The .338 stayed half minute.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-11-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Spent some time on one this spring working with a European country that used seized TRGs from dope and human traffickers. It was nice because I had looked hard at a .300 Win Mag version before buying my rifle.

They all shot extremely well. That said, as mentioned, after initial entry, accessories are tough pills to swallow. But if all you want is a reliable gun capable of sub minute accuracy, you could a lot worse. I found the triggers on the two I used to be quite impressive. The other thing that impressed me was it stayed sub minute well passed a grand. A lot of rifles tend to open up more dramatically after 800-1000, and the win mag stayed a 3/4 minute gun. The .338 stayed half minute.
    My dad runs a TRG 42 in .300 WM, and it is a stellar rifle. I could be very happy with 2 TRGs, one .308 (or .260), and one .300 WM, and ditch the other precision bolt guns. A guy would be hard pressed to find a better pair. The only other factory pair I would honestly consider would be a pair of AIs. Really can't go wrong either way, but I like the Scandinavian guns.

User Tag List