Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite plate carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I wear soft armor under my jpc. Jpc carries between 2 and 5 rifle mags, depending on mission. Radio, trauma kit, gp pouch and 3 bangs. Perfectly comfortable for long days and nights.

I prefer to wear a backpack with a bladder, or a pack with canteens, dep3nding on what I need. I don't like hydration attached to the pc.
    I'd love to see your setup! I'm in the transition of switching to Velocity scarab or a Crye JPC and will be carrying a similar load. I'd also still love to get a line on Crye's LVS soft armor lol the haven't replied to my email about availability yet.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I'd love to see your setup! I'm in the transition of switching to Velocity scarab or a Crye JPC and will be carrying a similar load. I'd also still love to get a line on Crye's LVS soft armor lol the haven't replied to my email about availability yet.
    PM me your email and I'll get a pic in the next day or two.

I've run a Mayflower APC for a couple of years but I picked up a Velocity Systems SCARAB LT from Mike G. at Austere Provisions.

I literally got it in the mail today but I'm extremely satisfied with it, it's got some well though out design improvements. I also have some experience with Cree JPC's and have friends that have run them for a couple of years. So I'd say Crye or Velocity and you'll be good either way.

So you give a thumbs down to the Mayflower?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    So you give a thumbs down to the Mayflower?
    No it was a good plate carrier for sure, however the SCARAB is a newer design with some improvements and better features. Velocity and Mayflower have been working together for years and the finally fully merged together this year.

The shoulder strap system, padding, zip panel on the rear, etc is really the bees knees on the SCARAB.

I finally got my First Spear STT carrier up and running and wore it for approximately 30 minutes in the field for the first time yesterday. While that isn't a lot of time and I need to spend some more time with it, I really like it. There is a one reason to buy this thing: THE TUBES. Within my limited experience, this is one of the quickest plate carriers to don and doff out there. I bought it on an Xmas sale so the price was under $200. I'm wearing mine in uniform so I've already got soft armor on with means the lack of shoulder padding isn't a big deal. I showed it to a fellow gear queer and he was also impressed with the tubes system and how quickly you could get into it.

The only issue I've had is that their recommendations on cummerbund sizing seems a bit off. Per their guidelines I should be in a L/M but I needed the XL/L. For reasons I'm still trying to figure out, I can only mount the toe of the stock of my rifle. I didn't have this issue with the last setup so I'm still trying to figure that part out.

http://www.skdtac.com/FirstSpear-STT...-p/fsr.550.htm
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List