Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Law Enforcement Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Not only no, but Not f*cking chance. An HK yes.....Glock, no.
    Sorry, DB, but no plastic gun should ever contaminate a rig like that. As usual, it's off the charts.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Impeccable taste as usual, Mr. Bolke. Beautiful leather- make sure to share photos of the gun when it's back from MARS!

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Gorgeous leather work! I love the carving detail. Do you know if he dyed it with a traditional Vinegaroon?
    I looked up vinegaroon - a spider that sprays vinegar. As to leather craft?

Nice One !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    I looked up vinegaroon - a spider that sprays vinegar. As to leather craft?
    It is a mixture of Vinegar and Iron or steel that has been soaked in it. It turns into a rusty-black solution that you warm up and soak the leather in, causing to turn various shades of black. The old-timey way of dying leather.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Looks like a cartel kit...
    Not even close.

Here is a more detailed picture with the badge that was also made in the Huntsville prison off a Cinco Peso coin. The stars on the buckle set are also set correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-30-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Beautiful rig for a beautiful 1911!

Interesting badge, too; I have long regretted not getting a badge made from a Cinco Peso while Nelson Sylvia was still making them. I had briefly looked for another source some time ago. I had not thought of one made by an inmate, though I did know inmates made leather rigs. When I carried an HK P7 on duty in the mid-Eighties, I had George Malone make me a PD-spec flap holster for it; I was told he learned his trade in prison. (Open-top holsters were authorized soon afterward, and I soon switched back to a big-bore Magnum sixgun for duty.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-30-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    This rig reminds me of the time I was working midnights. With nothing going on in town I was watching the freeway. The radar clocked a car going over a 100. So like a cat chasing a ball off I went. After a couple miles I got a break, the speeder got caught up in traffic.

When I got behind it, it was a crown Vic like my patrol car. I lit up the speeder and it immediately headed for the side of the road. I'd seen this before and was ready to beat the speeding driver out of the car.

I got out first cause I was smaller and the speeder was a big guy. Who, when he got out adjusted his Stetson hat then pulled up the rig that looked like the one posted. The Ranger said "son the governor has called me to Austin". I said "be careful". "Thanks son" was all he said and got back in his crown Vic and disappeared in the night.

I also worked with a couple of Texas Rangers. They had cool stuff. Like this rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Texas Ranger in the area where I train their SRT team is like an advertisement for the classic Ranger. He dresses the part to the hilt and all of his leather and the metal work was done by the top inmates in the prison system (they have a couple who do spectacular work and generally do work for the Rangers). While he can put on the camouflage stuff and go fully modern tactical as needed, I find him far more intimidating in sheer presence when he is in his traditional Ranger "uniform"...white dress shirt, black tie, very ornate leather and pistol, and a white Stetson with black pants and very nice boots.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List