Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A solution for illogical 10 rd mag limits

Unfortunately nose diving is basically unavoidable with a single stack design, tapered cases and higher capacities make it worse. If the feed ramp and magazine arrangement wasn't designed to handle it from the get go, I don't think any follower or spring changes are likely to "fix it." That's partly why 1911s get finicky with 8 rounds mags and 9mm 1911s had a bad rap.

Exactly, neutered mags that retain the original geometry, like the M&P neutered mags, tend to feed better.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Some of you guys need to read the other topic and post less 'solutions' it's repetitive preaching to the choir by people that don't live here and yet we explained what we are dealt with over and over again.
    The other topic?

You mean the one where you said that permanently blocked standard mags were one of your solutions? My bad for agreeing with you.

Not sure what the rest of your post has to do with what I wrote. Prior to this thread you, nor anyone else on this board, have ever stated (and certainly not over and over) that blocking a magazine isn't applicable to "what we [CA residents] are dealt with".

Whatever. Just trying to alert people to another option besides hacking their gun up, especially since not all guns can be chopped as easily as a Glock and the thread was titled "Solution for illogical 10 round mag limits". From one member of a ban state to another, sorry for pissing in your cheerios; I won't post another word in this thread.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-27-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Sorry you missed it, but it has been stated here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post517826
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Update: IANAL but a lawyer that is involved with these cases directly has the opinion that blocked to 10 round magazines will not comply with the new California laws
    I'm not being a dick, it's just that explaining the issue in this state gets repetitive and has been addressed. And the rest of my statement is in regards to the roster when people suggest all these other options that we can't buy new.
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 11-27-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Roger.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-27-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Flintsky View Post
    Coming to a state you live in.... I honestly don't think Trump is as adamant about the 2nd Amendment as he campaigned for, and I can see mag restrictions making a comeback on the Federal side at some point. Remember, he was all for the AWB, and then said that it should be renewed in the early 2000s.
    Careful. You're gonna harsh someone's mallow posting facts like that 'round here.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Careful. You're gonna harsh someone's mallow posting facts like that 'round here.
    Facts like he's not even in office? Or that the NRA worked with him recently to help him on understanding the 2nd Amendment...

Keep allowing HufPo to shape your views constantly preach doom and gloom...

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Keep allowing HufPo to shape your views constantly preach doom and gloom...
    More like Michael Savage...

Doc, I've had problems with the Pearce grip plates pinching my hand in the gap between the frame and plate on my G-26 when the gun cycles. I don't have a problem with the Glock plus 2 plates. Are you seeing anything like this or is it my girly hands?

I like your solution to the problem.

Has not been an issue for me, but I know some folks have taken a Dremel, file, or sandpaper to the area to smooth and shape it to remove the problem...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List