Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A solution for illogical 10 rd mag limits

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Bingo--the neutered 10 rd Glock 9 mm magazines for the G17 and G19 don't work consistently and reliably as we documented in two previous tests and as even Glock themselves state in their Armorer classes.
    Is there a brief explanation of why this is, and do other manufacturers have this same problem?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Flintsky View Post
    I thought the new CA law made it illegal to be in possession of a magazine over 10rds. No grandfathering.
    I wasn't referring to the issues in CA.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

A solution....

....or you could just use a MagBlock.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A solution....

....or you could just use a MagBlock.

Is the sarcasm because it's a better solution or because the MagBlock is an inferior solution?

My question is not intended to be sarcastic because I don't know the answer and am curious.

For those (unfortunates) who must limit rounds, is this a more reliable (legal) solution than the erratic Glock magazines Doc has weighed in on?
    Last edited by blues; 11-27-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    When done. I hope your solution gives the California comrades nightmares. Personally I am looking hard at colts LW commander or a dan Wesson 1911 in 9mm; and I don't even live in a 10 round state. But I might want to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Is the sarcasm because it's a better solution or because the MagBlock is an inferior solution?

My question is not intended to be sarcastic because I don't know the answer and am curious.

For those (unfortunates) who must limit rounds, is this a more reliable (legal) solution than the erratic Glock magazines Doc has weighed in on?
    The roll eyes is because I'm being a bit of a dick......the simplest solution being a logical answer over hacking up a gun.

I've got about 16 or so AR15 magazines using Magblocks. They work fine. The Glock 10 round mags have trouble because of their poorly executed single stack design. With the Magblock, all you're doing is putting a block in the magazine to take up space where rounds would usually be and then permanently cementing it. It doesn't change anything reliability wise about the magazine's design.

I guess if you don't have any friends in other states who can ship you the finished mags, then it'd be problematic. I had bought some AR15 mags blocked to 15 by a company about 5 years ago....can't remember the name, but I'm guessing you can find vendors who will sell Glock mags in the blocked configuration. Even in NJ, practically every gunsmith and gunshop sells blocked mags.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-27-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I still think the best solution involves a moving truck. That said, the Doc Chop Job with a really fat (yet to be made) base plate to fix the ugly could be a thing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Per a Glock professional I have been testing G17 ten round mag springs in my G19 ten round mags and have had no malfunctions at 450 rounds of P9HST1. I put the 2183 followers back in the G19 mags to test and will continue as soon as I receive some more P9HST1 to confirm that the G17 ten round mag springs may be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    .....and I don't even live in a 10 round state.
    Coming to a state you live in.... I honestly don't think Trump is as adamant about the 2nd Amendment as he campaigned for, and I can see mag restrictions making a comeback on the Federal side at some point. Remember, he was all for the AWB, and then said that it should be renewed in the early 2000s.
    Last edited by Flintsky; 11-27-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The roll eyes is because I'm being a bit of a dick......the simplest solution being a logical answer over hacking up a gun.

I've got about 16 or so AR15 magazines using Magblocks. They work fine. The Glock 10 round mags have trouble because of their poorly executed single stack design. With the Magblock, all you're doing is putting a block in the magazine to take up space where rounds would usually be and then permanently cementing it. It doesn't change anything reliability wise about the magazine's design.

I guess if you don't have any friends in other states who can ship you the finished mags, then it'd be problematic. I had bought some AR15 mags blocked to 15 by a company about 5 years ago....can't remember the name, but I'm guessing you can find vendors who will sell Glock mags in the blocked configuration. Even in NJ, practically every gunsmith and gunshop sells blocked mags.
    Thanks for the explanation. If it's a legal solution for those with the 10 round choke chain around their necks, sounds like it might be a viable solution.

Thankfully between NC and LEOSA I haven't had to worry (yet) about this particular limitation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List