Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A solution for illogical 10 rd mag limits

"Who did the work?"
    The usual, just some dentist...

-------------------------------------

As noted, reloads were much better than on the G26 and M&P9c, but still not quite as quick as a G19 or the even faster M&P9.

-------------------------------------

M2CattleCo--Do you see any of those suggestions on the CA roster of guns for sale?
    Last edited by DocGKR; 11-27-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Given the requirements Doc has to deal with, I think that is a pretty smart solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The usual, just some dentist...
    That's some dental work....

Great job!

That is pretty cool...I learned a lot in the other thread.

But 50 yards, holy cow. I just recently managed to get all rounds on the paper at 25...

Kidding. That is a great solution.

Ingenious solution (and even better shooting) but how long can you guys in California hold out, now that you need special permission to even buy ammunition?

And, of course, all these crazy laws will neither stop one single crime nor are intended to. They are all deliberately directed against law abiding gun owners.
    Last edited by Jeep; 11-27-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    That's some dental work....

Great job!
    That Glock may have less teeth than it was born with but it still has some bite!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

When we spoke on the phone about chopping a GLock 19 to take Glock 26 magazines, I had concerns about having, "enough gun to grab ahold of" during your draw and presentation when under a bit of speed and/or stress. The usage of the Pearce +0 grip extension on the Glock 26 magazine was brought up in the conversation to aid in this. But every Glock 19 chop job I've seen shortens the backstop portion of the grip to some extent, or just shortens the entire grip to the length of a Glock 26.

I had no idea that you intended to leave the rear length of the grip alone. I really like the end result. The more that I look at the picture you posted, the more I'm sitting here saying to myself, "Huh..."

Your out of the box approach to this problem is probably the best solution that you could have come up with. Especially given the highly restrictive list of guns available for purchase in California.

Maybe in all that spare time that you have, you should start your own gun smithing business... (Yes people, that was sarcasm...)

I think this is gana be the new big thing.

People are going to cut 19s and or 17s to accept 26 mags and on the reload take full size 17 mags for grip stability.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Bingo--the neutered 10 rd Glock 9 mm magazines for the G17 and G19 don't work consistently and reliably as we documented in two previous tests and as even Glock themselves state in their Armorer classes.
    Doc, I am curious which reliability tests you were referring to? Also, has Glock ever publicly released a statement regarding problems with their 10 round mags?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I think this is gana be the new big thing.

People are going to cut 19s and or 17s to accept 26 mags and on the reload take full size 17 mags for grip stability.
    I thought the new CA law made it illegal to be in possession of a magazine over 10rds. No grandfathering.

User Tag List