Thread: Stripped Deltapoint screws

Stripped Deltapoint screws

I was trying to remove my deltapoinopro sight from a gen 5 g19 MOS and the screw was stripped. Any ideas or should I take to a gunsmith. I really wish I had some mechanical skill.
    A wise man told me that "only hits count" is the one truth.

I threw away the Leupold torx tool, and bought T10 and T15 bits, that I can use with a Brownell’s style driver. That allows much better purchase when installing or removing the screws.

If that doesn’t work, and I stripped one or two before getting the T10/15 bits, I paid to have a real gunsmith drill them out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I threw away the Leupold torx tool, and bought T10 and T15 bits, that I can use with a Brownell’s style driver. That allows much better purchase when installing or removing the screws.

If that doesn’t work, and I stripped one or two before getting the T10/15 bits, I paid to have a real gunsmith drill them out.
    So Leupold was great. Sent me new screws and gunsmith was able to extract. Bad news is the reason I couldn’t get tight was because the MOS screw holding the plate was snapped. Very disappointing. Hopefully Glock will help.
    A wise man told me that "only hits count" is the one truth.

User Tag List