Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Took the "Intro to IDPA" class today

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I recall an old TV show https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_.45_(TV_series), where the hero as cover, sold Colt SAA and had to listen to old farts opine that the cap and ball guns were so much better.
    Well, there was the mountain man who defended his flintlock at the rendezvous by saying he could always chip a flint but when you ran out of them "nipple covers" in the mountains, you were out of luck.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    I'll shoot the match next weekend and see how the old guy with antiquated equipment measures up.
    How did you do in that match, grandpa?

Did you drive your '75 cutlass to the match?

Wobblie,
    Welcome to IDPA competition. Don't let these trolls bother you. Nothing wrong with a 1911. But also, nothing wrong with a well-adjusted Glock 34, either. The more people we have participating in IDPA or USPSA, the better gun-handling skills they will have, and the more safe they will be. Please keep going and improve over time. If you carry concealed consider taking pepper-spray class and some basic combatives. A gun is not always the best response to a situation.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Q: how many 1911 shooters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: At least ten; one to change the bulb, and nine to stand around and talk about how cool the old one was...

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    at the local club. I haven't shot competition for 30 years. I was the only guy shooting a real gun. Everyone else had some form of plastic POS in a plastic holster. Times have changed.
    The real question is: "Did you catch gay?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Q: how many 1911 shooters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: At least ten; one to change the bulb, and nine to stand around and talk about how cool the old one was...
    According to a November 2011 edition of the Vancouver Sun, a study from Natural Resources Canada revealed that fluorescent lights could intensify light sensitivity, a trigger of migraines for some individuals.

A study by the UK Migraine Action Association (2007) found that fluorescent lights cause nausea, dizziness, and even physical pain for those suffering with lupus.

Here in the United States, concern about the affects fluorescent lighting prompted the state of California to make accommodations available for students with light sensitivity, allowing them to take tests in rooms that do not have fluorescent lights.

And a posting on Headachemag.com may have summed it all up: “I wear a visor and wrap around sunglasses in church, malls and in friends homes. The new light bulbs are killing me.”

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I've been shooting my 1911 in the past few matches. Reason - I have a zillion 45 ACP 100 round WWB cartons that I bought fearing the Hillary Zombie Apocalypse. Don't want to leave them to my heirs. I get through most stages very accurately but slowly in my FOG style. One stage stunk as I decided to shoot it as fast as I could and got crappy hits. It was an experiment and I wasn't getting aligned on the second shot.

I wondered who brought this thread back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey1111 View Post
    I'm sure he did, while listening to CCR on eight track.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey1111 View Post
    How did you do in that match, grandpa?

Don't be hat'in on the 75 Cutlass Dog...

Name:  IMG_1210.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  31.1 KB

User Tag List