Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on the LWRC, Sean? Feel free to start another thread if you like.

My LWRCI Rifle has been 100% through 2 Pat Rogers classes and 3 VTAC classes. My 6920 had extraction problems that upon further inspection was an issue with the extractor so replaced. I had a M6A2 upper which I liked but for the price of what one person wanted to buy it at I bought a LWRCI's standard M6 rifle back in 2008 when Colts were going for 1700-2000. I wanted another high end. Other upper well I traded it for a PWS while nice just not my cup of tea.

That being as it my, I just got another M6A1 upper for a steal and I am running this one on a Aero Precision Lower with a SSA trigger (rest of the LPK is DPMS). Pretty nice trigger. Going back and forth between my 5.45 upper and the M6A1 on that one.

ffh

Great info in this thread.

It seems like LWRC has gotten better over the last few years.

I remember several years ago when you would see quite a number of threads from people whose LWRCs did not run right from the factory.

This in itself doesn't prove much, however you didn't see any threads about Colt 6920s experiencing similar problems and there were certainly more Colt 6920s out there than there were LWRCs.

I observed some major issues with LWRC guns in a Pat Rogers carbine class in 2008. Half of the guns in the class (2-3) had major issues running. However the test gun that I ran for a day had zero issues.

Looking at all of this I conclude that they have gotten much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As usual, SeanM makes good points. Just so we are all on the same page--the original SR25's were finicky POS, the Mk11 sucked with numerous problems, the SR25K blew chunks, the M110 has had its share of fleas...however, the 16" SR25 EMC's have shocked me by running surprisingly well.
    My brother swears by the SR25 he used in the Second Battle of Fallujah.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My brother swears by the SR25 he used in the Second Battle of Fallujah.
    We have a former Marine Infantryman and DM on my team who used an SR25 extensively in combat, and he echoed these sentiments.

Hello to all here...I'll use this thread to make my first open post.

My experience is in line with DOC and Sean - I know the history of some specialty Units chasing a more reliable SBC to meet their specific requirements; which led them down the GP path. I also know very well, the history as to why there are 14.5" GP guns (essentially it was evolutionary not necessary). That being said, I'm a big DI fan for anything beyond 10.3/11.5". However, specifically speaking to GP guns at whatever barrel length, my experience with LWRCI is mixed and inconsistant at best. I have three LWRCI guns and these are the issues I've heard of/ found:
    • Accuracy - very inconsistant. My SBR (10.3" barrel) is good out to 100 meters/my 14.5" guns have the most inconsistant accuracy of any carbine I own - including the DI ones that have worn out barrels (2) that I'm replacing
    • Operation - all of my springs and operating systems on my LWRCI guns have a minimum of 1500 rds through them and I have zero issues. My SBC has had some doubles (hammer follow) while shooting suppressed. However, I have seen this on 416's - when suppressed as well.
    • Customer Service - I include this in this list because it does have an effect in a big purchase. My experience with LWRCI has always been positive. Since the RFP for the IC has been published, I've had to personally push away from personal relationships (because of my job) so I've not leveraged my personal affiliations with the company and used the standard CS. I've heard several stories (mostly bad) regarding LWRCI CS. My results so far have been positive - yes that can be a legacy result, but I can't honestly say one way or the other. I do know that they their CS doesn't act as if they know my name.

In any event, I offer these observations about LWRCI guns from my own personal experience not from hear say IOT help. I hope it does...
    Last edited by ToddG; 12-02-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: because I know how to use the [LIST] tag

Thanks for this rgrgordo,

Their CS is real good. Used them once since I wanted a 14.5 and the gun sent to me was a 16 from a distributer. The box said 14.7 inch NFA and wrong Serial number but you never know what happens at places that have 100's of guns laying around. They even installed the Gemtech for free and replaced the barrel. Do not know who was at fault but it had been at the distributer for 5 months so you never know.

I had a M6A2 upper that they took a look at for free before I sold it. Only question they asked was why and I said so I can get a complete rifle.

I have to M6A1s now they are good to go and the company is good as well. Wish we had not pulled back or new rifle bid because these would be sweet but we got surplus M4's for the full time gig. Granted we are only talking 10 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrgordo View Post
    Hello to all here...I'll use this thread to make my first open post.

My experience is in line with DOC and Sean - I know the history of some specialty Units chasing a more reliable SBC to meet their specific requirements; which led them down the GP path. I also know very well, the history as to why there are 14.5" GP guns (essentially it was evolutionary not necessary). That being said, I'm a big DI fan for anything beyond 10.3/11.5". However, specifically speaking to GP guns at whatever barrel length, my experience with LWRCI is mixed and inconsistant at best. I have three LWRCI guns and these are the issues I've heard of/ found:
    • Accuracy - very inconsistant. My SBR (10.3" barrel) is good out to 100 meters/my 14.5" guns have the most inconsistant accuracy of any carbine I own - including the DI ones that have worn out barrels (2) that I'm replacing
    • Operation - all of my springs and operating systems on my LWRCI guns have a minimum of 1500 rds through them and I have zero issues. My SBC has had some doubles (hammer follow) while shooting suppressed. However, I have seen this on 416's - when suppressed as well.
    • Customer Service - I include this in this list because it does have an effect in a big purchase. My experience with LWRCI has always been positive. Since the RFP for the IC has been published, I've had to personally push away from personal relationships (because of my job) so I've not leveraged my personal affiliations with the company and used the standard CS. I've heard several stories (mostly bad) regarding LWRCI CS. My results so far have been positive - yes that can be a legacy result, but I can't honestly say one way or the other. I do know that they their CS doesn't act as if they know my name.

In any event, I offer these observations about LWRCI guns from my own personal experience not from hear say IOT help. I hope it does...

User Tag List