Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX DPS Trooper and US Border Patrol Agent shot along the Rio Grande

Site Supporter
    It's heartbreaking that the border is so dangerous. It's a beautiful area, especially out west. I am too young to have enjoyed the days of easy and mostly safe border crossings.

Those guys down there are heroes the media will not talk about, because it proves a point that is unpopular with the intelligentsia.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Talking to one of my best buddies who is in AZ, apparently the plate carriers are pool items that you have to sign out at each shift.
    That sounds like a decision made by somebody who will never have to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    That sounds like a decision made by somebody who will never have to wear one.
    It's the dumbest thing I've read at least today... maybe all week. Not to mention the sanitation issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Talking to one of my best buddies who is in AZ, apparently the plate carriers are pool items that you have to sign out at each shift.
    No doubt some bureaucrat got a bonus for saving the taxpayers money...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

HSI did get a new contract for body armor with plate carrier pockets built in. But they did not get the $3.25 million check to buy the plates for over 6,000 agents.... we got 10 sets sent to Houston, all of which went to the gang group for some reason. None of them to narcotics or human trafficinking... they are actually nice plates.

New ones were being tested last time I was at Ft Benning. Not steel, but some new ceramic, not the army issue. They are much thicker than than older plates, but seem to weigh less. When worn over the soft armor, it sticks out pretty far. They had several folks wear them during FI school for two weeks. At th end, they were asked to rate them on comfort, restricted movement, etc... this was over a year ago, so no clue what happened to that testing.

I agree with the post above that the center mass shot on our PA was not random or accidental. That was aimed in fire.

In the limited I have been down by the border working, we were told that while nothing in the law says you can't defend yourself, but shooting into Mexico was "highly frowned upon" by DC. Made me feel oh so safe.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 11-27-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    HSI did get a new contract for body armor with plate carrier pockets built in. But they did not get the $3.25 million check to buy the plates for over 6,000 agents.... we got 10 sets sent to Houston, all of which went to the gang group for some reason. None of them to narcotics or human trafficinking... they are actually nice plates.

New ones were being tested last time I was at Ft Benning. Not steel, but some new ceramic, not the army issue. They are much thicker than than older plates, but seem to weigh less. When worn over the soft armor, it sticks out pretty far. They had several folks wear them during FI school for two weeks. At th end, they were asked to rate them on comfort, restricted movement, etc... this was over a year ago, so no clue what happened to that testing.

I agree with the post above that the center mass shot on our PA was not random or accidental. That was aimed in fire.

In the limited I have been down by the border working, we were told that while nothing in the law says you can't defend yourself, but shooting into Mexico was "highly frowned upon" by DC. Made me feel oh so safe.
    The soft body armor contract is DHS wide. Everyone gets the same armor and carriers - just different colors and patches.

User Tag List