Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 92G Compact sight options

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I did not. I know exactly one other person in my area who knows the basics, and he was out of town.
    Cool. Sometimes it helps to have another set of hands and eyes on the gun before making any changes. That has saved me some headaches in the past.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Did you ask anyone else to shoot the pistol just to see if they experience the same issue? Les and I shot one of my pizza guns high and right. His friend Chris shot it and was hitting dead on. We still have no idea what that was about...
    This sometimes happens for me... Something about timing/etc...

I'm going to ask about making a lower rear sight as an option... I could use a .250 on a compact I've got.

I will definitely have someone else shoot it next time I can drag my buddy to the range. It could be me. The front sight on the Beretta is slightly rounded and doesn't have the sharp edges that I'm used to on a front sight, which does make the alignment a bit more difficult for me. I'm surprised at how soft-shooting this pistol is. It has a very subtle push compared to the snap of my 229. I can only imagine how soft a Brig Tac would be.

Keep me posted on the rear sight if you would Les, I think a .250 would be just about right for me.

Site Supporter
    DocSabo, FWIW, your experience with the Compact sounds similar to mine. My 92C (2015 production) also prints high for me, and has done so consistently with both with the OEM and WC .270" rears.

First photo below is a "#2" sight picture with a center mass hold. The second photo is a "flat tire hold." Tip of the front sight was held on the green dot in both cases. Target was an SR-21C, which is just slightly larger than the usual B-8. I'm not a very good bullseye shooter (and my rear sight needs a slight windage bump), but the elevation difference is pretty consistent. I've observed relatively similar results on several different days, and with different loads.

Typically, my full size guns (an F, an FS, and a Brig tac) would be close to the X-ring with the same sight picture as I used for the top photo. My Compact is just different. So, I'd also be happy to see WC offer an even shorter rear sight option. And a .250 or .255" Pepperoni version would be just about perfect, IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Dave J; 11-28-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks for posting that Dave, very interesting indeed. A .250 rear would be about perfect for my pistol as well.

I'm curious now, has anyone had a 92 compact that does not shoot high?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Thanks for posting that Dave, very interesting indeed. A .250 rear would be about perfect for my pistol as well.

I'm curious now, has anyone had a 92 compact that does not shoot high?
    Okay- I'll bite... I've got a 14-year-old 92 Compact that has always shot right on for me. Also two Compact M's that are right on.
    That said, I bought a used 96 Centurian (same slide length), and it shot quite high. I did some math, and when I sent it to Tool-Tec for Trijicons, I had them make me a custom-height rear sight. That pretty much fixed it. (Now it only shoots a smidge high, like a finger-width at 7-15 yds, where I do most of my work.

Gyro

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Have an early 90s vintage Compact FS and a late model M9A1 Compact, both will stay inside the black of NRA 25 yd target at that range freestyle.

OK good to know that they do indeed exist. I was curios if Beretta just used the same front and rear sight heights on all models, resulting in POA/POI issues.

I made it to the range today and this time brought a spare sweater to use as a rest. The group got better, but it's still in the same place. I had another guy shoot it from the rest (sweater) as well, with pretty much the same result. I called Wilson, they told me to call Beretta. Beretta was closed by then, I'll try them tomorrow.

Name:  PC011308.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  44.4 KB
    Last edited by DocSabo40; 12-01-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Story clarification

User Tag List