Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 192: Defoor Pistol Test 1

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Good point, but it's the aerobic stress, IMO, that makes this kind of drill. I was considering burpees, but 1) that's odd at an indoor range and 2) I have torn ligaments in my right pinky right now, so placing my hands flat hard/fast on the ground is a no go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    On ranges where you can't run the bay, I have used jumping jacks as a replacement and a reduced par time. The looks you get from other people in the bay are kinda funny.

I'm under no illusions, I am very, very lucky to have access to such a great range facility.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-05-2016 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added info
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Trying again with the P30 LEM this time. Same as before, no live fire in a week and shot the drill cold per the instructions.

Pistol, holster, and concealment used: P30-1 LEM, JMCK AIWB, quarter zip fleece cover

Time and number of hits for each string:

S1: 24.67 seconds; 51/60 points = Pass
    S2: 1.63 seconds to hit = Pass
    S3: 3.75 seconds 4/6 hits = Fail
    S4: 2.54 seconds all hits = Pass

Anything you noticed: I had some additional time to make better hits at 25 yards on S1; I just made it with a 51/60 giving myself the questionable one on the line between the 8 and 9 rings. I hurried through S3 and 2/6 went high. I didn't wait for my sights to settle back on the target, and there was time. S4 hits were to the left, but just made it in the upper A box. I'm going to pass this sucker yet!

Name:  20161211_101304.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  18.8 KB

Had not shot for a week.

M&P9 w/RMR06 carried AIWB in a JM Custom holster from under a Canali double breasted suit and long alpaca overcoat.

25 yds: 21.14 sec w/59-1x.
    7 yds: 1.73 sec w/good hit, 4.21 sec w/no misses, 2.96 sec w/good hits to cc.

Pass.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Okay, I am sneaking in one more try a day after the cutoff!

P30, JMCK AIWB, quarter zip fleece cover.

S1: 24.18 seconds; 55/60 points = Pass
    S2: 1.79 seconds for good hit = Pass
    S3: 3.96 seconds 5/6 hits = Fail
    S4: 3.25 seconds for two good hits = Pass

Anything you noticed: I placed one low on S3, and two others that just split the line. I still had 0.5 seconds left to get the hits on that string. Dropped one low on S1 at 25 yards but recovered. Everything felt pretty good, just need to work harder on some fundamentals to get past S3.

Name:  galleryContent808184280.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  16.5 KB

User Tag List