Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Smith 617 Box to Match REVIEW. (Poor Q.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Do they have anyone that is still a true craftsman/SME, and would be willing to train someone who wanted to eventually be a top notch revolver smith?
    Modern corporate culture generally has a deep, visceral contempt towards blue collar jamokes that dress unfashionably and actually make things instead of look good and go to meetings. The idea that these people are anything other than a fungible resource is simply Not Done.

Dunno if S&W is that way, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Modern corporate culture generally has a deep, visceral contempt towards blue collar jamokes that dress unfashionably and actually make things instead of look good and go to meetings. The idea that these people are anything other than a fungible resource is simply Not Done.

Dunno if S&W is that way, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That reminds me a BUNCH of just about every "progressive" law enforcement administrator I have known in the last decade...

They are great at power point, trendy new buzzwords, writing papers on "management science", as well as making sure they get to the National Academy run by the FBI to study "intelligence theory". That said, many are literally are so incompetent that most cannot unlock a rifle from a patrol car's rack, and have absolutely no clue how to deal with a domestic, or know their own state's most common criminal codes (or even how to look them up), let alone find a proper federal code. And they view anyone who chose to stay in the field and do actual police work as a under achiever worthy of contempt.

Fortunately they know best and can condescendingly advise you on the best way to proceed with virtually anything...

User Tag List