Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

AIWB. Just as comfortable as my aiwb holsters without the light. Really liking it so far. I'm using an Inforce pistol light on the gun.

As usual, I don't get the joke that GJM is alluding to.
    The Inforce APL was the only one I tried that didn't bug the hell out of me, too.

I'm pretty sure GJM was calling you short, or maybe just small. But I'm going with short, since Gabe isn't really big; just tall.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I need a new light and have been on the fence about the Inforce. If you are carrying it on your work gun, that sounds like a seal of approval
    Work gave it to me about a year ago to test, and I haven't had an issue at all. It is approved now, so maybe it is a good choice. I really like some of the features better than the other options out there, but until this light,MI have always used xwhatevers.

holster?

Work gave it to me about a year ago to test, and I haven't had an issue at all. It is approved now, so maybe it is a good choice. I really like some of the features better than the other options out there, but until this light,MI have always used xwhatevers.
    Really curious what you are using for a holster. I'm thinking we're pretty close in size and body type. The longest gun I've tried to carry AIWB was a M&P9fs (4.25")..couldn't get it comfortable, regardless of holster tried (used a "Keeper", SME, Shaggy, Looper, couple others).

Going down in length to a P30 has worked out way better for me. A Glock 19 in the same holsters (SME, "George", etc)is bearable, but going up to a 4.0" gun is definitely less comfortable. I'm wondering if going much longer, like a G17 with light would be comfortable again. Seems like there might be an "un-sweet" spot for me, regards to slide length that just hits me wrong, and maybe a G17 would be long enough to get past that.

Anyway, curious if you have had the same experience, if there's a point were it just gets better again.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Really curious what you are using for a holster. I'm thinking we're pretty close in size and body type. The longest gun I've tried to carry AIWB was a M&P9fs (4.25")..couldn't get it comfortable, regardless of holster tried (used a "Keeper", SME, Shaggy, Looper, couple others).

Going down in length to a P30 has worked out way better for me. A Glock 19 in the same holsters (SME, "George", etc)is bearable, but going up to a 4.0" gun is definitely less comfortable. I'm wondering if going much longer, like a G17 with light would be comfortable again. Seems like there might be an "un-sweet" spot for me, regards to slide length that just hits me wrong, and maybe a G17 would be long enough to get past that.

Anyway, curious if you have had the same experience, if there's a point were it just gets better again.
    I'm using a JM Custom AIWB for the G17 with the Inforce. He made it as a one off quite a while ago, and so it may or may not be identical to his current offerings, but he would be able to tell you better than I.

I find longer guns work better right up to the point that they stop working better. That will obviously vary from person to person. Shorter guns are never more uncomfortable for me, they just tend to want to come up out of my pants easier, and don't always conceal as well. If a 4.25" doesn't work for you, I doubt a .25" longer will help, but I certainly don't know. I might try a G34 holster, and see how that goes. You might be able to cut it down if it is too long, but you certainly can't add to the shorter holster. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got a few of these to try, and so far so good:

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-21-gl9

I am sure there is a joke in there, about those 17+2 mags on SLG looking like an OEM 33 on Mr_White.
    Mine run well (5) but seem sketchy on empty slide lock which is only so important considering on board payload.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Dryfiring in a hotel room... BTDT quite a bit. THE best habit I ever got into for this was to lay a washcloth in the bathroom sink, do an administrative unload putting all the rounds from ALL the magazines into the sink. Then walk out of the bathroom and close the door.

Oh yea....turn the TV up too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Dryfiring in a hotel room... BTDT quite a bit. THE best habit I ever got into for this was to lay a washcloth in the bathroom sink, do an administrative unload putting all the rounds from ALL the magazines into the sink. Then walk out of the bathroom and close the door.

Oh yea....turn the TV up too.
    Have you been spying on me when I'm on the road?? My routine, too. I was in the hooch next to a guy in Iraq who didn't follow such a routine and blasted his TV during dry practice. One of the more interesting NDs I've witnessed...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I might try a G34 holster, and see how that goes.
    Yea, just think, then you'll have the option of running a Roland Special I wonder if Tony can work around a frame-mounted T-2 too

Where and with what pouch(es) are you running the two spare +2 mags?

I stole Mr_White's idea of running one in the usual JM AIWB-SPMP position then running another vertically at 12:00. Tony made one with no cant for me for that spot, and it's worked like a charm. I've never found another location for even a single spare to work. It's really hard to imagine anyone running two under a t-shirt at any other location, but IIRC you've never been a fan of the AIWB mag thing so now you've got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Yea, just think, then you'll have the option of running a Roland Special I wonder if Tony can work around a frame-mounted T-2 too

Where and with what pouch(es) are you running the two spare +2 mags?

I stole Mr_White's idea of running one in the usual JM AIWB-SPMP position then running another vertically at 12:00. Tony made one with no cant for me for that spot, and it's worked like a charm. I've never found another location for even a single spare to work. It's really hard to imagine anyone running two under a t-shirt at any other location, but IIRC you've never been a fan of the AIWB mag thing so now you've got me curious.
    The 34 holster was advice for JDB.

I do have a Roland Special, I just don't carry it. Mine may not meet the definition to a T, as it has some stuff on it that is different from the namesake, plus it lacks some of the fancy slide cuts. I also have a frame mounted T1. I don't carry that either.

Tony made me an aiwb mag pouch well over a year ago. I couldn't really use it then, but I can now. I only carry one, not two, but when I was playing around the other night, I put a second one on just for fun.

As an aside, I have many times carried two mags under my shirt, behind the hip. No issues whatsoever.

My reticence over the aiwb mag had more to do with it conflicting with my CP, rather than any issue with the mag itself. I recently figured out how to reconcile that issue, and now my mag and CP live together in harmony. A spare mag is never more important than a CP, so my spare remained behind my hip. Until now. :-)

The 34 holster was advice for JDB.

I do have a Roland Special, I just don't carry it. Mine may not meet the definition to a T, as it has some stuff on it that is different from the namesake, plus it lacks some of the fancy slide cuts. I also have a frame mounted T1. I don't carry that either.

Tony made me an aiwb mag pouch well over a year ago. I couldn't really use it then, but I can now. I only carry one, not two, but when I was playing around the other night, I put a second one on just for fun.

As an aside, I have many times carried two mags under my shirt, behind the hip. No issues whatsoever.

My reticence over the aiwb mag had more to do with it conflicting with my CP, rather than any issue with the mag itself. I recently figured out how to reconcile that issue, and now my mag and CP live together in harmony. A spare mag is never more important than a CP, so my spare remained behind my hip. Until now. :-)
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the AIWB mag carrier and CP to work together?

User Tag List