Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Kroil/AeroKroil as good as people say?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Kroil is an amazing penetrating oil, especially if applied to heated parts (we used it on jet engines after test runs for disassembly), but I won't use it for anything else.
    I occasionally have to open padlocks that have been closed for years and left to the elements. Kroil is excellent for that. I used to take a can once a month and spray every lock on every gate on site and every single one of them stayed working fine.

Site Supporter
    When the Mythbusters were writing for Popular Mechanics, they said that Kroil was always within reach, that one time the poured it into the cylinders of a siezed engine, let it sit overnight, and then they pounded the cylinders out with a rubber mallet. They were then able to rebuild the engine.

And because of how it penetrates, you be careful in storage. I also use it for removing fouling, in barrels and on suppressors, and an 8 oz can has lasted me years, but as I stored it it developed an oily exterior that attracted dirt, and while in storage it was knocked over, and I lost 2/3 of the contents as it penetrated the threads on the cap before I picked it up and set it upright. Very careful in the house because of the smell and the fact that i don't want to leave oil rings on places where I set it.

pat

User Tag List