Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-automatic shotguns - what is the state of the art?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is better in person after a few beers.
    Let's split the difference: you go over to the joke thread and start typing, and I'll drain a few cans of stout. Meet back here in 15...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Another vote for the Benelli M2; this one has the Scalarworks RMR mount, vey slick, low profile, co-witness:

Attachment 11853

Attachment 11854
    Does the M2 need to be drilled/tapped for that picatinny mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    and the moron I talked to at SHOT on them, it makes it tough. Many of the companies are so bad at dealing with issues.
    The hardest thing about being wrong is saying so out loud...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-24-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Does the M2 need to be drilled/tapped for that picatinny mount?
    Varies by model. The 18 inch Tactical in Steve's picture is drilled, and some of my field length models are not. M4 is drilled as is Tactical length SuperNova.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Varies by model. The 18 inch Tactical in Steve's picture is drilled, and some of my field length models are not. M4 is drilled as is Tactical length SuperNova.
    Hrm. So if I was dead set on running a red dot on this I may as well spring for the m4?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hrm. So if I was dead set on running a red dot on this I may as well spring for the m4?
    M2 Tactical is also drilled.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

M2 Tactical is also drilled.
    ...Oooh.

Although a softer recoiling gas gun would be a bonus, I really like the simplicity of a Benelli. My M1 just works.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I really wanted an M2 with a clean receiver to run a red dot on. Bought one and got the Mesa Tactical mount that combines a side saddle and rail. The M2 arrived and had no holes drilled. Turns out it is only with the Tactical Model. I did not want the tall irons. I sold the gun and have been debating the M4. My M4 money keeps getting spent on high end revolvers. If I was still a working cop, the M4 would be a priority. For a home defense gun, what I have is fine.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Okay....enough fiction on the internet. ....
    oops. Sorry for the misrepresentation. I rekkin' I combined what I recall of your thoughts on the two shotguns.
    Last edited by David S.; 11-25-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    oops. Sorry for the misrepresentation. I rekkin' I combined what I recall of your thoughts on the two shotguns.
    Easy mistake with me switching them off. No biggie...I should have put more smilie....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List