Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Respect For Police Surges

America's Respect For Police Surges

The silent majority must have a dim view of rioting and protesting, and a sympathetic view of policing.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/196610/am...ce-surges.aspx
    Thanks to all those who serve.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We are never more popular than when we are being killed. Sad, but true.

And when we have a President who does not automatically side against police.

It never went anywhere. The types that respect police simply aren't the ones with dangerously low IQs parading around the streets.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

[QUOTE=cclaxton;528114]The silent majority must have a dim view of rioting and protesting, and a sympathetic view of policing.
    [url]http://www.gallup.com/poll/196610/americans

There in lies the problem. The silent majority.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It never went anywhere.
    Maybe. I can tell you from past experiences there's significantly more outward signs of support right after a funeral. People say thank you at restaurants. Fundraisers for body armor pop up. The media forgets you're the enemy for a few days. That sort of thing.

F the media. The average law abiding citizen appreciates you very much. When my son was very young I always took him to the police and we talked with them and he understood they were his friends and always there to help him. . Even took him to a police station and we walked around saying hi to all the LEO's. I can guarantee growing up to be a thug never entered his mind.
    Yes it's easy to forget how tough a cops job is when you are a busy person. Its not like we have national cop day. Those deaths didn't make people appreciate, they were a reminder to say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Maybe. I can tell you from past experiences there's significantly more outward signs of support right after a funeral. People say thank you at restaurants. Fundraisers for body armor pop up. The media forgets you're the enemy for a few days. That sort of thing.
    Last edited by UNK; 11-23-2016 at 07:12 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I m going to be a bit of a jerk, but.....what's new. Honestly, I could give a heck about the public being supportive when officers are killed. That is easy. The reality is we take care of our own during these times and don't need the public's support to honor our dead. Same with the military. You know when LE needs the public's support, its when they are doing the hard work nobody wants to do. The officers who are engaging and winning with the animals that prey on the public. It is for people in lower class neighborhoods appreciating the people who are there trying to help some kids make it out without getting eaten by the wolf packs of gang members that ravage their neighborhoods, and the dope paddlers that turn humans into walking dead. They need support during controversial use of force cases to be neutral. They need folks to try to see the world through their eyes and not the TV version of what policing is.

So.....when America is ready to get some facts, find some clarity, and quit making assumptions based on Facebook, that would be much more appreciated than some post on Facebook about a bunch of officers being killed. Essentially, while being supportive of law enforcement when they are losing the fight is nice, wouldn't it be better if we supported them winning and the bad guys losing instead.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have noticed a recent increase in the number of people approaching me and offering words of support. I do appreciate it. I am in the twilight of my career, and would like to leave on a positive note.

I have no idea what is happening on social media, and pay scant attention to the news media. The personal expressions of support are what is important.

Notably, Baton Rouge is not far to the east, Dallas is not far to the north, San Antonio is not far to the west, and this metropolitan area has seen two "active shooter" events this year, though I was already noticing an up-tick in expressions of support before these sad incidents.

It is true that police see an increase in expressions of support when we are killed in the line of duty, but not all public expressions of support are tied to LEO losses. The blue ribbons tied around sign posts and trees in this neighborhood did not involve any LEOs being killed, thankfully; it was the bad guy, Nathan Desai, who died, shot by multiple officers.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-27-2016 at 06:56 AM.

We were serving a search warrant earlier this week. Across the street from our target house was a nice home with a flagpole out front.
    Attached to the flagpole was a piece of rope shaped in a v. On each end of the v were several black ribbons. On each ribbon was written a name. The names of every LEO killed this year, and there had just been 3 more added while we were there.

This man and his wife took it upon themselves to make this. They had no ties to Law Enforcement. They support LE in good times and bad.

We all appreciated the gesture and took turns thanking them.

User Tag List