Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Justice Dept fines Denver Sheriffs over requiring applicants be US citizens

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Terms have specific meanings - a background investigation and a security clearance are not the same thing. Security clearances are specificly for access to classified information.

All federal emoloyees / all FLEO. are subject to background investigations. Not all employees or FLEO have security clearances.

Re-read my earlier post - as I stated, to my knowledge all FLEO Jobs require U.S. Citizenship.
    We are getting at the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

USBP.......Border Patrol? Neither of the two guys I'm friends with who are Border Patrol agents even have a secret.
    You can go through an SSBI to become eligible for a TS but not have it granted. This is exactly what Homeland did when I was with USBP.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    USBP.......Border Patrol? Neither of the two guys I'm friends with who are Border Patrol agents even have a secret.
    I went through their hiring process in 2000. I'm assuming that like us, they have lowered their required clearances over the years due to cost. (That was almost 17 years ago too, so it could have been "Secret")
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List