Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best aftermarket barrel to improve accuracy in a Glock 19/17?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I sent KKM a note, inquiring about availability. I fully realize that buying ammo might be a smarter move but I'm somewhat miffed at having shot tighter groups through a Walther PPQ the first time shooting one (a PPQ) than with my G19 after years of shooting 9m Glocks.

I'll probably end up going with Bar Sto.

Let us know how it goes! I may eventually Bar-Sto my M&P and Glocks

Site Supporter
    I'm somewhat miffed at having shot tighter groups through a Walther PPQ the first time shooting one (a PPQ) than with my G19 after years of shooting 9m Glocks.
    That's the new gun honeymoon. It happens to me too, and it goes away after a range session or two.

You try harder, and focus on everything you're supposed to, rather than rely on auto-pilot.

Has anyone tried the Wilson drop in barrel? I put one in a 17 and it seems more accurate, but no officsl comparison on my part. I find the light Hk lem trigger nice to use. It is long, but is almost 2 stage like.

Yes, I do shoot a PPQ (after shooting a Glock before along with some M&P's, CZ's, etc), but has anyone considered that maybe the PPQ is actually a little more accurate than the other guns? I certainly think it is, or I wouldn't be shooting it
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    Yes, I do shoot a PPQ (after shooting a Glock before along with some M&P's, CZ's, etc), but has anyone considered that maybe the PPQ is actually a little more accurate than the other guns? I certainly think it is, or I wouldn't be shooting it
    I shot a friends PPQ back to back with my G19 last year. 1st time shooting a PPQ. I was able to get tighter groups every time with the PPQ, over the Glock 19.

I sent KKM a note, inquiring about availability. I fully realize that buying ammo might be a smarter move but I'm somewhat miffed at having shot tighter groups through a Walther PPQ the first time shooting one (a PPQ) than with my G19 after years of shooting 9m Glocks.

I'll probably end up going with Bar Sto.
    Did you ever end up getting a KKM or ordering the Bar-Sto? I've been on the fence but have thought about getting either a KKM or a Jarvis. Leaning more towards the Jarvis just because I don't like a shiny barrel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    Yeppers. Here's what I noticed:

On average, about 10fps faster velocity than standard barrel.

Depending on load used, groups freehand went from about 4" at 25 yards unsupported to about 2". I don't really bench handguns as it's not the most valuable info for me, but the difference in off-hand accuracy was striking.

Of course the reason for the improvement could be that it was a new barrel vs. my old 2nd hand stock barrel. I can't rule that out. But I can say it was a worthwhile change.
    was your KKM barrel placed on gen3 or gen4 g17?

I'm going through this decision process right now, but for different reasons. I need a threaded barrel for my G19, and I'm falling into the "next rung of the financial ladder" syndrome.

Lone Wolf + Thread Protector - $160
    Glock Factory + Thread Protector - $240
    BarSto + Thread Protector - $325

Tough call. I did read DeFoor say that he believes you lose about 15 - 20% accuracy with something like a G19 instead of a G17/34, and the easiest way to bring a compact up to fullsize accuracy standards is a match grade barrel. (Going off memory here. I'll search for the original article later).

Since my journey has likely started and stopped with a G19 being my go to pistol, the question becomes is the BarSto worth twice the Lone Wolf - and where does OEM fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    I'm going through this decision process right now, but for different reasons. I need a threaded barrel for my G19, and I'm falling into the "next rung of the financial ladder" syndrome.

Lone Wolf + Thread Protector - $160
    Glock Factory + Thread Protector - $240
    BarSto + Thread Protector - $325

Tough call. I did read DeFoor say that he believes you lose about 15 - 20% accuracy with something like a G19 instead of a G17/34, and the easiest way to bring a compact up to fullsize accuracy standards is a match grade barrel. (Going off memory here. I'll search for the original article later).

Since my journey has likely started and stopped with a G19 being my go to pistol, the question becomes is the BarSto worth twice the Lone Wolf - and where does OEM fit in?

Steve,

If I were you I would skip the LW barrel. The current ones seem better, but I have seen issues with them from time to time on others' guns. The other issue with LW is they do not offer metric LH threads which are important to me in a TB. The factory threaded have been working out well for me (both G17 and 19). I happen to have a Storm Lake for the G17 as well (received for free) which is doing well with the limited (<1000rds) I have put through it so far. Personally, I dont think you will see any gains with any other barrel unless it is fitted, if you want to go that route I would agree BarSto is the way to go...tho the price tag is heavy when you include the fitting service (unless you can do that yourself or have it done elsewhere).

Basically if you're just looking for a threaded barrel go OEM, if you looking for accuracy improvement (how much is debatable) go with the BarSto fitted.

My .$02

I was in the same boat as you Steve and since I needed absolute reliability I went with the OEM Glock 19 threaded barrel. Half the damn price of my pistol but I couldn't run into reliability problems down the road and I was concerned that having a match barrel fitted, may cause problems. I have no evidence to support that, it was just a nagging worry in the back of my mind.

To give you a couple more options:
    Jarvis barrel (fitted to slide by Jarvis) $305 with a thread protector
    Storm lake barrels are now being sold by Brownells and the LE price is very competitive (not sure on civi price though) and it comes with a thread protector as well. I havent heard that many good things about SL though, well except on M4C but that applies to the M&P and I'm still not convinced SL is on par with Bar-Sto, Jarvis, or KKM.

I'm sure I'll put an aftermarket barrel on my 19 that isn't used for work, I'm just not sure which I'll go with. What's the old saying, curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought him back, I want to know the difference and in the end I won't be completely satisfied until I do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List