Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simplex Pistol Safe for Truck Console?

Simplex Pistol Safe for Truck Console?

Looking for a good pistol safe option for the truck. Currently, I store my pistol in a small clamshell key-lock steel safe. It works, but fishing my key out, removing the safe from the console, then opening it up takes a bit longer and has more movements than I'd like.

I'd like the new safe to be sized for a duty pistol (G17, P320, VP9, etc.) with a simplex lock (no key or biometrics.). The concept would be to open the console lid, operate the simplex lock, then withdraw the pistol.

I'd like for it to be top opening, such that it can fit into a truck center console (Dodge Ram 2500 in my case). A length of cable to tie around the seat post would be a real plus.

I've checked a few gun safe web sites but can't quite seem to find something like this.

If you are aware of, or are using such a safe in your car or truck, be obliged if you let me know.

Thanks!

Check out tuffy products.

Site Supporter
    I am interested too - I have a similar RAM 1500. SLG - the Tuffy Products are very interesting specifically for the RAM as we have multiple places to add locking storage.

I'd recommend consolevault, as I'm quite happy with mine, but I don't believe there is a simplex lock option.
    Last edited by CR78; 11-22-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    I had Highway Products weld me up a custom order under the back seat of the truck box for long guns and etc.. Might give them a call.

This is a tangent, but I have been intending to pull out the center seat section in my F-150 and install one of these:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-88-s...2-12-wide.aspx

I had one in my old Suburban and it was great. Part of the reason I have not done it is I want to adapt it to a Simplex lock. If they offered the option I probably woulda already done it.

Console Vault as recommended above is a good one. Pretty quick access even with 4 digit combination lock and you can close it but have it unlocked. Is hidden under the factory console lid and install is easy. I like that I can secure a weapon safely without leaving my seat or exiting the vehicle. It's useful for more than just a pistol if you want to leave other valuables secured in the vehicle.
    Last edited by vaspence; 11-22-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Console vault. I think I'm on my third (Escalade, Tacoma, and now Ram 1500).

Coincidentally, yesterday I went by the shop that services my vehicles and the owner mentioned to me that his F250 console vault was broken into recently during the day (lunch) at a Red Lobster parking lot. He said he was surprised and apparently a cordless sawzall was used. The door wasn't cut, just the latch. They were then able to bend the door and get it open. He said they broke the knob off the combo lock, but the lock was not breached.

Seems to me they targeted him thinking there would be a gun in the console. He didn't have one there this time. I guess with all the guns being left in vehicles, the thieves are doing what they need to and possibly carrying more tools. At least this one was.

User Tag List