Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA Boston, MA

LEOSA Boston, MA

I'm going to find myself behind the lines in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any experience flying in and out of Boston with their handgun in checked baggage? I have retired credentials, current qual card and will be carrying 239 so no high capacity issues there. I don't act a fool so the only real exposure I except is at the airport.

Thanks

Inbound will probably not be an issue. Outbound flight will likely be when issues arise as you declare the firearm. Never been to Boston with a gun. DC last year was no big deal, but I drove.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Inbound will probably not be an issue. Outbound flight will likely be when issues arise as you declare the firearm. Never been to Boston with a gun. DC last year was no big deal, but I drove.
    I've been OK flying out of DC, just never been Boston. Thanks

It's been a few years since I flew out of Logan as I mostly try and go out of Manchester, NH but I had no problem flying out with a Pelican case full of guns on my retired creds.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It's been a few years since I flew out of Logan as I mostly try and go out of Manchester, NH but I had no problem flying out with a Pelican case full of guns on my retired creds.
    This. A much better option if possible. My flight out of Boston as an active duty LE was not a pleasant experience. I was flying out with a G35, a fixed blade, and a few mags in a Pelican case.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Thanks! It's what I would expect but always nice to hear. I know how non-gun friendly they are so wanted poll the brain trust before rolling the dice.

So, sample of one here based on flights into & out of Boston-Logan back in June of this year. Departure airport ... minor drama. No issues when arriving, but there was nothing that would have given rise to any.

Flying out? With two pistols, multiple magazines, & a couple boxes of ammunition in my luggage. No problems, none. It was far smoother than many of the airports in the American I have been through. Checked in and declared with only my driver's license. Showed the case & its contents, then locked both the case and the suitcase. It went to the screener & completed that process without issue. It took more effort to get coffee that morning.

Admittedly a sample of one but only five months old.

I flew in and out of Logan a couple of years ago and had no issues, although I just had a j-frame so there were no mag capacity issues.

You won't have any problems. Good guys working the airport, three different agencies, MSP, Massport & BPD. Firearm laws in the Common Wealth are muddied and confusing. If you ever run into an issue with an individual officer just ask to speak with a supervisor.

Thanks for all of the comments! Really appreciate the info.

Ken

User Tag List