Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Tripods

Smile Hunting Tripods

Hello Everyone;

I have checked almost everywhere for hunting Tripods. I figures out some Hunting Tripods like Cabela's , Bog Pod, Hammers Telescopic Shooting Tripod and c.

Kindly Suggest me best out of these. If you have others in option it would we great.

TIA
    Regards
    Alex

Site Supporter
    I am watching with interest. I went hunting in Wyoming two years in a row. First trip I "assumed" I would be able to shoot prone or someway off my ruck. Ended up taking and making a shot poorly supported - lay of land would not support any type of prone, etc.(could not have used bipod either unless I got the really long ones). I started looking for a support system. After reading multiple articles, I took a pair of walking sticks to use as supports and began practicing with them before the hunt - did not get a shot this season that I wanted to take. Issue for me is we hike in with a lot of walking so weight is an issue. I did try a PRIMUS (spelling?) hunting tripod but it did not work well for me - I could not keep it stable and would sometimes cause a leg to collapse - maybe I was using it wrong?

Site Supporter
    I took a tripod on an antelope hunt to New Mexico one time. I only used it for one day. It was too much to lug around with a laser range finder, binos and a rifle. My father used a Harris bipod with good success. If I was going again I would try the walking stick or a bipod
    Last edited by Poconnor; 11-21-2016 at 11:36 AM.

I use one of the Primos monopods with trigger and a buddy uses the Primos tripod. Both have held up well for a couple hunting seasons. You can use the monopod as a walking stick but I try not to put a lot of weight on it. I usually cover a few miles when squirrel hunting and carrying it with a full stock flintlock in the other hand is no problem. I really like the ability to adjust height quickly when getting on a squirrel that's moving up or down a tree. It's a lot steadier if you can lean it against a tree. My terrain is hilly, oak forest in central Virginia.

Site Supporter
    I have a PRS tripod.

They're pretty light weight and fairly compact.
    I like it and would buy one again.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

This was a great DIY option: 3 sticks and vacuum cleaner belt. My buddy is using a set while sighting in his rifle.
    Name:  IMG_1749.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  85.8 KB

Thanks alot for valuable suggestions for the Holsters.

I bought a BOG POD mainly for hunting big pastures or prairie. It's fairly light and surprisingly stable.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It really depends on your hunting style and the ranges you intend to shoot out to.

For shooting fairly close, out to a few hundred yards, and trying to clear brush, I have often employed a simple tripod made of 3 wooden dowels and some inner tube rubber bands. It works great for predator hunting type situations.

For true precision stuff, I run a Manfrotto bipod with a Bogen head, and a HOG saddle, like this:

Yes
    Hambo BOG PD is very light, stable and durable.
    My favourite is CLD 3s- Camo Legged Tripod of Bog Pod.

User Tag List