Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamer rig...1930's style

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have made a very conscious decision to not shoot my rare and prewar stuff. One bad round, and a piece of history is destroyed. I do fondle though..... I have very dedicated guns to shoot. Many are similar or later models of my investment grade stuff.
    Yeah, you are right. There are enough shooters out there no point taking chances when you don't need to.
    You do have some cool old guns.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Saw a similar cased set come through a store here on consignment. Estate dispersal by non-shooting heirs. Strangely the .22 was a Colt OMT and the ".38" was a RM. Henry Stebbins wrote that his DA kit was all S&W but his SA box contained both Colt and Smith, so maybe Grandpa knew what he was doing.

I understand not shooting the old ones. I decided I did not want to risk breaking a 19th century revolver and I did not want to speculate on them, so I traded them off to collectors.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    . . . the "American Fighting Revolver" book.
    "American Fighting Revolvers" is an outstanding title. Let us know when we can preorder.

<Insert obligatory "shut up and take my money" meme here>

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I am going to refrain from any smart-alleckness and just say that it warms my heart that they found a proper and deserving home. You really need to send those gunshop guys a fruitcake or something this Christmas.
    Or a fine bottle of Scotch.

Beautiful pistols, what a great find. Congratulations

User Tag List