Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LeMat revolver in Westworld

LeMat revolver in Westworld

Ed Harris' character has a scene in Episode 2 where he was loading what looked like a cartridge conversion LeMat. It's been a pretty good show so far that's trying to hit the mix between deep thoughts and old west action. Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up on the LeMat, I've had a thing for those since I first read about them when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always wished Webley and LeMat could have gotten together and made a double action top break cartridge LeMat, while I am wishing, full moon clips !

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I always wished Webley and LeMat could have gotten together and made a double action top break cartridge LeMat, while I am wishing, full moon clips !
    Read Larry Correia "Hard Magic"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeMat revolver in Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Read Larry Correia "Hard Magic"

And a bullpup BAR!

Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 10-10-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    While you're wishing for that love child, why not throw in the self-cocking mechanism of the Webley-Fosbury?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Ed Harris' character has a scene in Episode 2 where he was loading what looked like a cartridge conversion LeMat. It's been a pretty good show so far that's trying to hit the mix between deep thoughts and old west action. Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up on the LeMat, I've had a thing for those since I first read about them when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, its pretty deep; and Ed Harris is a spectacular villain.

A LeMat, eh? I was wondering what that thing was. Is the smooth-bore second/center barrel legit? That must have been one hell of a solid bear-ball, to punch through a foot-deep adobe wall AND the target's chest. Up until THAT point, I was going along with the program... when he blasted the poor kid with the shotgun bullet (out of a center fire conversion of a black powder revolver) I had to throw the bullshit flag.

So... true or false?

I was perplexed about this myself, excellent thread.
    #RESIST

It is true.

From wikipedia: The LeMat revolver was a .42 or .36 caliber cap & ball black powder revolver invented by Jean Alexandre LeMat of New Orleans, which featured an unusual secondary 20 gauge smooth-bore barrel capable of firing buckshot. It saw service with the armed forces of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War of 1861–65 and the Army of the Government of National Defense during the Franco-Prussian War.

As to the actual effects of being shot by a projectile from the 20 gauge barrel, well we know how Hollywood likes to do things.

Ya gotta hate perplexion in an interesting TV show, eh?

Well, there you go... And it was created by a home-boy, at that.

Thanks, WB. Score one (well, perhaps a half; I doubt a lead 20 gauge bear-ball would get through that thick of an adobe wall) for Hollywood writers.

User Tag List