Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamer rig...1930's style

Gamer rig...1930's style

Target revolver set for the Depression era Gamer. First is a .22 Pre War K-22 Outdoorsman. These were expensive and hugely popular in that era for target shooting due to ammo cost in the larger calibers (sound familiar). These were built on a 6 inch .38 frame. The second is a Pre War Outdoorsman In 38/44 (basically, a .38 you could run some very high pressure ammo in). They were pretty much a Registered Magnum in .38 and astoundingly accurate guns from an era when they were built by craftsman and not machines. The case is a Hartman Luggage case made for the NRA. I felt very lucky to get this. It has been in the same family since new, and as typically happens......grandchildren and great grand children of our era do not appreciate things like this that were the pride and joy of their grand parents. Guns like these in the depression era were very expensive and true luxuries. I am happy that my guys at the shop hid this in the back for me as they know it would be going to a good home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I am going to refrain from any smart-alleckness and just say that it warms my heart that they found a proper and deserving home. You really need to send those gunshop guys a fruitcake or something this Christmas.

I saw these in person. Good for revolvers...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Wow, just wow.

Now a suggestion. If LAV can do a coffee table book on 1911s, you can do one on revolvers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Incredible!

A .38/44 is in my short list. Nice find!
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Wow, just wow.

Now a suggestion. If LAV can do a coffee table book on 1911s, you can do one on revolvers.
    It is the goal at some point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It is the goal at some point.
    Just stand by...it's going to be astounding.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

That setup is exceptional, and has an appeal beyond words!

That said, in my mind, if that does not make you go "Whoa!", then you are probably not a handgunner at heart.

Do you have some sort of filter that makes the bluing look like liquid sex? I've noticed since VDMSR's visit that your gunpr0n has kind of gone to another level.

User Tag List