Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to carry in Hill People Kit Bag

I use revolvers in mine......this has never been an issue....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I carry a G19 or G26 in my kit bag when hiking. I also use one of the Fricke trigger guard minimalist holster and tie it with paracord to the bag. It does take more force to apply and remove these little "holsters" than I initially expected, but mine pops loose with no problem when I draw the pistol. I don't know what the variation is among these holsters, but if yours is really too tight, you could always heat it up and remove some of the tension. You could also e-mail Dale Fricke and ask him about it. The couple of times I've needed any advice regarding his products or wanted to discuss custom work, he was very responsive and really stood behind his products.

Site Supporter
    As you all can tell by my questions and posts here I have an active mind that is always questioning and searching. It's a blessing and a curse!

I'm a big fan of the kit bag, and short of open carry its my favorite way to carry with a pack. I can legally open carry in places like Big Bend, but I'm not sure I want the attention.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I carry a G19 or G26 in my kit bag when hiking. I also use one of the Fricke trigger guard minimalist holster and tie it with paracord to the bag. It does take more force to apply and remove these little "holsters" than I initially expected, but mine pops loose with no problem when I draw the pistol. I don't know what the variation is among these holsters, but if yours is really too tight, you could always heat it up and remove some of the tension. You could also e-mail Dale Fricke and ask him about it. The couple of times I've needed any advice regarding his products or wanted to discuss custom work, he was very responsive and really stood behind his products.
    That's the solution imo...soften the retention on the trigger cover; tie it to the kit bag.

Retention on my VG1 is pretty gentle; I don't notice it during the draw.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

HPG holster from Contact Concealment is a purpose made solution that may interest you. I started with the Fricke Zach but have transitioned to the HPG holster to carry my G19 in a Snubby Kit Bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    HPG holster from Contact Concealment is a purpose made solution that may interest you. I started with the Fricke Zach but have transitioned to the HPG holster to carry my G19 in a Snubby Kit Bag.

Neat. I cobbled such a thing together five years ago, but taking a Raven or something like that, and removing the belt loops. Nice to see they offer the HPG for so many model pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here was mine:

What bag is that?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    What bag is that?
    Older Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    That's the solution imo...soften the retention on the trigger cover; tie it to the kit bag.

Retention on my VG1 is pretty gentle; I don't notice it during the draw.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    If you take a foldover holster and remove the retention screws it works well. A $25 Bladetech is usually the way to go.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List