Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to carry in Hill People Kit Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
    just what else would you carry in something like that?
    I'll most likely end up carrying my Shield and a small pouch for some cool packs I use. Would I be better off with the Snubby over the Runners kit bag?

I used a Snubby for a while. With a G19 the pouch was a tight fit for my iPhone/Otterbox and my badge wallet and house key. I ended up getting the Runners pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I'll most likely end up carrying my Shield and a small pouch for some cool packs I use. Would I be better off with the Snubby over the Runners kit bag?
    For a Shield, I'd go with the Snubby with one caveat. The need to also carry a larger gun if you wanted. But if you're staying with a Shield, you'll like it fine.

Would wearing this in a suburban area while running make me stick out? I want to try one of these but I don't want to be that guy everyone can tell has a gun right off the bat.
    When I saw someone wearing a chest bag like that in the Big City near me, that dude did stick out pretty well for me. But that might be because I knew what the bag was and was interested to see someone actually use one over here? (Besides, he got categorized as a probable good guy due to his good taste in gear. ) Not sure what the average city dweller would think about it, though.

Site Supporter
    If you're working out or in he woods, I think the HPG bags will blend in. You might be carying keys, a phone, medication, a wallet. Out to dinner or shopping, perhaps not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    If you're working out or in he woods, I think the HPG bags will blend in. You might be carying keys, a phone, medication, a wallet. Out to dinner or shopping, perhaps not so much.
    I have one in black for my formal dinners.

I had loop side of Velcro added to my HPG Kit Bag and then used a Kifaru holster and magazine retainer.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Would wearing this in a suburban area while running make me stick out? I want to try one of these but I don't want to be that guy everyone can tell has a gun right off the bat.
    I've been using mine in a suburban area for three years. No issues, including a running route that takes me past one of our patrol officers waiting at the bus stop with his kid. Mine's a foliage green snubby modded with environment-appropriate camo - reflective tape and a couple of red Amphipod LEDs.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Just bought another kit bag. A recon, this time. They have a sale going on, too.

Site Supporter
    I bought a cheapo 3rd world country style tactical nylon holster. They actually have a use! The holster works well in the HPG bag, if you put a little Velcro on back.

I have done a lot of hiking with mine, and have had no issues with people looking at me like I was crazy or they were freaked out because they knew I had a gun. The only problem I found on this hike was a tarantula on the trail. Oh how I hate them.

User Tag List