Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Just got my wing claw 2.0 in along with an AIWB mag pouch. I must say I am blown away by, not only the craftsmanship and finish of it, but it is super comfortable. It conceals great, which can be tricky for me. I'm going to throw a t-shirt on and see how that goes, since that's where I generally get trouble printing. The mag pouch is fantastic as well. Also, any fears I had about the belt clips are gone. I got a nice tactile click once they get under the belt, and then they don't go anywhere. Very happy and impressed
    Sounds like exactly what I'll be using. What handgun?

It would be awesome if you could post some photos. I'm already amped to get mine and i just ordered lol.

-Cory

Here's some pics cor-man. Best I can do with my phone. I got the foam wedge with it and have found that so far I don't really need it. The wing is awesome. The only real problems I've had with concealment are the butt of the grip, and this turns it so it's right against the natural curve of my body. I am going to get a different belt, as I think a little more give and better adjustability will help a lot. This is a cheap Desantis belt and I like it for what it is, but it is incredibly thick and stiff. And of course I got it way too long and have had to add 3 or 4 holes in it. I've never had an inside the waistband mag pouch, and I must say a really like it. Between it and the holster though it does leave a gap between them, which isn't really a problem for me, just something to be aware of. All in all I am very happy with it. My wife and I are both surprised at how it doesn't really hinder my movement at all, nor is it uncomfortable sitting and doing all the stuff I do all day.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Paltares8; 12-06-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Anybody know if the G-19 length WingClaw-2 tends to roll-over / roll-out?

If it does, is there a solution?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post

If you mean over the belt and onto the other side of it, no it does not have that tendency. Usually happens with guns that have much shorter front ends, and is corrected by extending the muzzle end of the holster.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

No it doesn't. And if it "feels" like it's rolling then the solution is a sponge wedge. With the sponge you might have to let the sponge compress a few weeks and move it off the end of the holster in order to get rid of the, "feeling" that the G19 is trying to crawl into your stomach, grip first. Okay I'm kidding. It doesn't hang over and the sponge pushes the top of the slide into the stomach.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Duces Tecum, you could always get it for a 17, it would fit both that way.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Duces Tecum, you could always get it for a 17, it would fit both that way.
    Email (not PM) sent.

Tony,

Is it possible to make the belt attachments solid loops instead for quick release J-hooks?

I like the thin profile of this (vs the AIWB Wing 1.0), but the ECQC Crossbreed failures have scared me off of J-hooks.

Figured I would toss a couple of pics up of my wc 2.0 and aiwb mag holster. Still loving the wc 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Tony,

Is it possible to make the belt attachments solid loops instead for quick release J-hooks?

I like the thin profile of this (vs the AIWB Wing 1.0), but the ECQC Crossbreed failures have scared me off of J-hooks.
    DavidS, possibly in the next month or so. We are injection molding our split kydex loop and may be able to cut them and use them as 2 fixed single loops, but will need to get them in my hands before I make that determination for sure, and they won't be ready for at least another 2 weeks . I can always do fixed soft loops that are bolted to the holster instead of the pull the dot loops.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List