Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

If I wasn't so content with my JMCK "George" I'd really be interested in trying out one of these new rigs from Tony.

That said, knowing myself and my proclivities, I'm wondering if I wouldn't be put off by having two points of attachment rather than just the one.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I'd be curious to hear more comparisons between the 1.0 and 2.0.

I'm currently running the 1.0 and I am very happy with it. The 2.0 has a number of changes that feel like a step backwards from what I like about the 1.0. In particular, the extra material under the barrel/rails area where the claw attaches has me worried it'd dig into my thigh. I'd sometimes have that problem with the JRC AIWB-CDA-II, but the JM Wing-Claw 1.0 does an outstanding job of removing material from that area.

Also, I recall having issues with running the second (front) strut clip on the Eidolon, similar to what people are saying here. Some printing, some issues just sitting on the belt right I think, and I'm imagining it'd interfere with a 12:00 second mag pouch which I like to run in classes and competition. Also, that position of the first (back) strut clip reminds me of the position it was in on the Eidolon, which IIRC could run the risk of bumping knuckles on the draw. The 1.0 does such an amazing job of keeping the knuckles 100% clear of bump risk.

I have been very happy with my Raven Eidolon, but this holster looks good. It will likely be one that I give a shot in the near future.

A question for you guys. Have you tried removing the front clip and just using the single clip over the trigger guard? That is how I run my Eidolon. With 2 clips spread wide apart it was very "rigid" and couldn't move much with my body when sitting, etc. It rides fine with the single and it might solve your front clip printing problems.

Got my shipping notice today. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    I have been very happy with my Raven Eidolon, but this holster looks good. It will likely be one that I give a shot in the near future.

A question for you guys. Have you tried removing the front clip and just using the single clip over the trigger guard? That is how I run my Eidolon. With 2 clips spread wide apart it was very "rigid" and couldn't move much with my body when sitting, etc. It rides fine with the single and it might solve your front clip printing problems.
    This is ten times better than the eidolon I had and used the eidolon for months and thought it was the cream of the crop, until I got this holster from tony, I was blown away on how well it fit and hides my G19 better than the eidolon.. plus it has a soft wedge that don't dig into ya after hours of wearing it.. using this with two belt clips is n issues I used to only run one as well on my old one, but this setup works great as is.. I love these so much I placed my order from tony for a G17 which I don't own but plan on using it for my G19 with a comp on it...

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    You are correct. For me it also sticks out the most. I find, for me, that occurs most when I need to use the sponge. As the sponge has decreased (compressed) it does not stick out as much. This of course depends on where a particular person wears it too. The young flat bellied people it might still be flat. Sucks getting old... lol.
    I don't know if you had the same situation, but to make sure none of the of the wedge material on my Shield holster was behind the belt I had to move my wedge down so it sticks out about 1/2" below the bottom of the holster. I'll probably cut off the excess. Anyway I think any sponge at all between the belt and the body is counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    I don't know if you had the same situation, but to make sure none of the of the wedge material on my Shield holster was behind the belt I had to move my wedge down so it sticks out about 1/2" below the bottom of the holster. I'll probably cut off the excess. Anyway I think any sponge at all between the belt and the body is counter productive.

I always wait to cut anything away due to compression of the sponge over time. You bring up a good idea for folks to use and that's to let the sponge over hang the bottom of the holster instead of cutting it off right away. I'm using a G19 so the sponge is down there below the belt. Because the claw tucks the grip so well I only need a bit of tuck from the sponge to get the slide pressed in. So I might have to cut it later.

Unless a person really tightens the belt down excessively the sponge is going to push that beltline out a bit. On this holster that usually means the front clip will stick out (specially the bottom of the clip.)

My suggestion for people who always use a sponge is to try it without the sponge. The claw might do all the tucking you need. Without the sponge this holster is quite flat and disappears on me. Once I get the sponge at the appropriate thickness I will be wearing a t-shirt with my G19 with only a touch of the front clip printing. (:
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    Unless a person really tightens the belt down excessively the sponge is going to push that beltline out a bit. On this holster that usually means the front clip will stick out (specially the bottom of the clip.)

My suggestion for people who always use a sponge is to try it without the sponge. The claw might do all the tucking you need. Without the sponge this holster is quite flat and disappears on me. Once I get the sponge at the appropriate thickness I will be wearing a t-shirt with my G19 with only a touch of the front clip printing. (:
    Dr. Scholls heel pad is also worth a try. It's not quite as thick as a non-trimmed sponge, but still helps add standoff from hard plastic and point the muzzle away from the frank and beans.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Dr. Scholls heel pad is also worth a try. It's not quite as thick as a non-trimmed sponge, but still helps add standoff from hard plastic and point the muzzle away from the frank and beans.
    Thanks. I'll try that first and leave the wedge unmolested for my next (full size) holster.

Guys, one of the great things about the Neoprene Sponge is you can move it anywhere you like. Up, down, more to sight channel side, etc; You can even turn it sideways if that works. I always suggest trying it for a couple weeks and let it compress some before trimming, and we do send a little instruction diagram on how to trim it if you need to.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List