Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I have no experience with those skeleton hammers, but do you have the gun on half cock, or does it just look that way?
    Not to get too off topic, but one can deliberately bring the hammer to the position as shown, which has the interesting effect of making it significantly harder to accidentally sweep the safety on for a non-G model Beretta 92 series pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Tony:

Just ordered one of these for a Sig 320, looking forward to it. I had difficulty with the thickness of the George and think this will be the ticket.
    I have one for my 320c and it is everything as advertised. Also have a George but this one just is very low profile and is great. Much better and the George is a good holster.

Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

Hope Tony does not mind, but I wanted to share a technique for adjusting the ride height of my WC2.0.

On mine, the rearward (wing) side loop upper is held by a screw "through" the holster (P30SK). This is easy to hold and undo/fasten. The lower, though, is hard to hold. I used a long 3/16" flat blade to hold the threaded nut part against the inner/upper side of the holster.

This is then just enough pressure for you to undo the screw with a Phillips.

On the forward (non wing) side, I placed a 3" piece of 1" Gorrilla Tape (strong duct tape type tape) with the sticky side "up" and toward both of the threaded nut(s). The tape gives just enough "hold" to wrap around the nut heads, and hold them in place, while you can undo both Phillips screws. You then relocate the loop, and screw the screws in.

The tape is easily removed after everything is tightened up.

Here is a picture of mine about half way through the process. The 3/16" screwdriver is inserted, and you can see the back (sticky) side of the Gorilla tape on the other side.

Last edited by RJ; 02-08-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hope Tony does not mind, but I wanted to share a technique for adjusting the ride height of my WC2.0.

On mine, the rearward (wing) side loop upper is held by a screw "through" the holster (P30SK). This is easy to hold and undo/fasten. The lower, though, is hard to hold. I used a long 3/16" flat blade to hold the threaded nut part against the inner/upper side of the holster.

This is then just enough pressure for you to undo the screw with a Phillips.

On the forward (non wing) side, I placed a 3" piece of 1" Gorrilla Tape (strong duct tape type tape) with the sticky side "up" and toward both of the threaded nut(s). The tape gives just enough "hold" to wrap around the nut heads, and hold them in place, while you can undo both Phillips screws. You then relocate the loop, and screw the screws in.

The tape is easily removed after everything is tightened up.

Here is a picture of mine about half way through the process. The 3/16" screwdriver is inserted, and you can see the back (sticky) side of the Gorilla tape on the other side.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk
    When I adjusted the ride height on mine I used a pencil in a similar fashion. I liked the wing claw, but am trading out to the 2.5 to see if it will work better for my body type.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 02-08-2017 at 06:09 PM.

I see folks changing the hooks to soft loops struts. My front hook interferes with pant button or snap. Where buy the soft loop struts?

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    I see folks changing the hooks to soft loops struts. My front hook interferes with pant button or snap. Where buy the soft loop struts?
    http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...le-soft-loops/
    These should work. Key word should, as I haven't used them personally.

I switched the Raven hooks to soft loops and struts and at first blush they work better for me. I seem to get less of the glucose monitor look with the soft loops. The wide spread of the loops works wells with wider belt loops such as 511 pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    DavidS, . I can always do fixed soft loops that are bolted to the holster instead of the pull the dot loops.

Thanks

Tony how do I order the fixed soft loops you reference
    And do you have ptd struts for this holster?

troydobe, just order the pull the dots and let me know in the comments you want them fixed. If it's for a 2.0, you will need struts as well. I don't have them up on my site yet however, so email me if that's what you want. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    Tony how do I order the fixed soft loops you reference
    And do you have ptd struts for this holster?
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I don't have the 2.0 but a similar style holster. Does the 2.0's wing side attachment point have any wobble/play?

On mine, the wing and belt loop have a lot of wobble and play. I can't tighten it anymore or else the retention is too much. Is the 2.0 like that? Just wondering if I need a new holster or if that's just a common issue with the belt clip + Raven wing attached with the same screws.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 02-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.

User Tag List