Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

Mirolynmonbro, we only have one screw going through the claw, and the other is attached to the front of the kydex, that helps the "wobble" considerably. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I don't have the 2.0 but a similar style holster. Does the 2.0's wing side attachment point have any wobble/play?

On mine, the wing and belt loop have a lot of wobble and play. I can't tighten it anymore or else the retention is too much. Is the 2.0 like that? Just wondering if I need a new holster or if that's just a common issue with the belt clip + Raven wing attached with the same screws.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Rich, I like it! Redneck engineering at it's finest!! We use a dowel in the shop, but your way works too. It's one of the draw backs to this design.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hope Tony does not mind, but I wanted to share a technique for adjusting the ride height of my WC2.0.

On mine, the rearward (wing) side loop upper is held by a screw "through" the holster (P30SK). This is easy to hold and undo/fasten. The lower, though, is hard to hold. I used a long 3/16" flat blade to hold the threaded nut part against the inner/upper side of the holster.

This is then just enough pressure for you to undo the screw with a Phillips.

On the forward (non wing) side, I placed a 3" piece of 1" Gorrilla Tape (strong duct tape type tape) with the sticky side "up" and toward both of the threaded nut(s). The tape gives just enough "hold" to wrap around the nut heads, and hold them in place, while you can undo both Phillips screws. You then relocate the loop, and screw the screws in.

The tape is easily removed after everything is tightened up.

Here is a picture of mine about half way through the process. The 3/16" screwdriver is inserted, and you can see the back (sticky) side of the Gorilla tape on the other side.

sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Mirolynmonbro, we only have one screw going through the claw, and the other is attached to the front of the kydex, that helps the "wobble" considerably. Thanks
    Thanks! I'm going to see if it's possible to do the same with the one I have now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bumping this thread. I did not like the clips on this holster because of printing and prefer PTD loops.

I emailed Tony and shortly after I had the hardware and a neoprene pad instead of the sponge. Pics below.

The loops print much less than the clips and the smaller pad is much more comfortable than the wedge. Overall I prefer this much more than the original.

Peartree, that's basically the AIWB 2.5, right? Only difference between the two is the clips vs the PTD loops?

Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    Peartree, that's basically the AIWB 2.5, right? Only difference between the two is the clips vs the PTD loops?
    The 2.5 doesn't have the struts. The loops are attached directly to the holster body.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The 2.5 doesn't have the struts. The loops are attached directly to the holster body.
    Ah, copy that. Thanks!

I think I might try what Pear Tree is doing with the loops. I haven't really had any problems with the clips, but with warmer weather around the corner anything that can ease printing is a plus. I need to chop my wedge in to a pad too, because the wedge isn't really necessary for me, but the soft Velcro on the holster can really start to stink after soaking up sweat all day. At least with the foam I could swap them out or wash them as needed.

Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

I've had a few weeks with my JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 (WC2) for p320c. I had a hard time carrying this gun because of printing at the grip, and returned to a G19 for this reason. The WC2 was my last attempt to find a solution that would let me carry the 320c and take advantage of using a similar gun for competition/carry.

As shipped, the WC2 was much thinner than a standard JMCK AIWB rig, and the claw pulled the grip in for zero printing! This was promising. However, the left side clip stuck out and printed. (The clip at the belt buckle).

Here's my solution, and so far I'm very happy with it. I swapped the L clip for an Ulticlip 3, and am using a very slim belt from Grip6.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-23-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've had a few weeks with my JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 (WC2) for p320c. I had a hard time carrying this gun because of printing at the grip, and returned to a G19 for this reason. The WC2 was my last attempt to find a solution that would let me carry the 320c and take advantage of using a similar gun for competition/carry.

As shipped, the WC2 was much thinner than a standard JMCK AIWB rig, and the claw pulled the grip in for zero printing! This was promising. However, the left side clip stuck out and printed. (The clip at the belt buckle).

Here's my solution, and so far I'm very happy with it. I swapped the L clip for an Ulticlip 3, and am using a very slim belt from Grip6.

This is encouraging. I received an email that my WC2 for a P320c shipped. I asked Tony to make it as low as possible, but it is unclear if he did or not as I had no communication since I filled out the order form weeks ago. Hopefully.

User Tag List