Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0

Just ordered a Wing Claw 2.0 holster for Sig p320c. This is my last try to see if I can carry this gun without printing... Fingers crossed.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Just got the heads up that my Wing Claw 2.0 is in the mail on it's way to me. I'll be sure to take a few photos and possibly a short video of me doing some twists and bends.

It's a G34 length with wedge. Hopefully it can answer some people's questions about the holster. I'm pretty excited to see it.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Will the Glock versions be added to the quick ship soon?

Up1911Fan, working on it, but they take longer to make than any other design we have. I am working on streamlining them somewhat. The Wing Claw 2.5 (coming out shortly) is the same wing/claw I use on the 2.0, but with pull the dot soft loops spread wide and attached at the top of the holster, which makes it much easier and faster to make and assemble (plus it will be cheaper), and that one will be quick ship for Glocks, and a few others right away. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Up1911Fan, working on it, but they take longer to make than any other design we have. I am working on streamlining them somewhat. The Wing Claw 2.5 (coming out shortly) is the same wing/claw I use on the 2.0, but with pull the dot soft loops spread wide and attached at the top of the holster, which makes it much easier and faster to make and assemble (plus it will be cheaper), and that one will be quick ship for Glocks, and a few others right away. Thanks
    Constant improvement. Awesome.

Question: How do the 2.0 style clips fair in grapple and clinch situatuons? Are they in use with other holster designs, and has anyone used them during ECQC or other similar situations? Craig Douglas was recently on VTAC podcast and was very adament that clips on holsters are the most common gear failure. He did specify hybrid holsters, but i'm curious about the clips used in the 2.0 holster.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Thanks Tony, I don't care for soft loops to i'm gonna go with a 2.0. I've been using your AIWB holsters for going on 5 years now and just picked up a second hand one with the wing and was amazed by how thin is was on the waist for the amount of tuck it gave.

I just got mine in the mail. I'll post some thoughts once I get to use it a little. So far I think it's going to work better for me than my old split loop extra tuck model. This seems much more stable on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Constant improvement. Awesome.

Question: How do the 2.0 style clips fair in grapple and clinch situatuons? Are they in use with other holster designs, and has anyone used them during ECQC or other similar situations? Craig Douglas was recently on VTAC podcast and was very adament that clips on holsters are the most common gear failure. He did specify hybrid holsters, but i'm curious about the clips used in the 2.0 holster.

-Cory
    cor_man, I can't speak to the durability of them in clinch/grapple situation personally, but the Raven over hooks we use are the best designed over hook that we have found. Personally I am a big fan of pull the dot loops and I think they are the best balance between stability and quick on/off. IMO, anytime you have an over the belt style clip, from any manufacturer, the failure rate in a ground fight/grappling situation is increased. Hope that helps. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

cor_man, I can't speak to the durability of them in clinch/grapple situation personally, but the Raven over hooks we use are the best designed over hook that we have found. Personally I am a big fan of pull the dot loops and I think they are the best balance between stability and quick on/off. IMO, anytime you have an over the belt style clip, from any manufacturer, the failure rate in a ground fight/grappling situation is increased. Hope that helps. Thanks
    Thanks for the honesty. I cant wait to take a look at the 2.0 in person. Tracking shows it arriving Monday.

-Cory

I like the sound of this... my biggest issue with my George holster is splitting the belt loop that's right under where my pistol likes to ride. The loops are just a hair too close together to make it easy...

User Tag List