Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pmags, why so popular?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That 80 dollar HK magazine tended to shit the bed rather quickly (springs) too.

PMAGS are great training mags because you can drop them on the ground and step on them repeatedly. GI magazines from OKay or Brownells with good followers and a bumper pad of some type are excellent and less bulky. They'll probably last forever in storage too.
    Interesting. As a result of the information in this thread plus the Brownells sale, I just bought some 3rd generation Pmags (no window). They will probably turn out to be the best quality magazines I own for my rifle, and after verifying function, they will probably be kept in reserve for serious use as I wear out other magazines I previously purchased in training and practice. At the same time, I bought a 3 pack of Glock 19 Pmags, also on sale. The whole point of that purchase is to keep some of the wear and tear off my more expensive OEM magazines during training and practice. So, for one weapon, the Pmag is the nice magazine that gets preserved as long as I can, and for the other it is the inexpensive one that takes the wear and tear.

Pmags work, but they don't have a monopoly on it. They have a huge presence online and with most well to semi-well known trainers and it's paid dividends, and that's just in the civilian world. I don't own a Pmag, I don't have any trouble with my mags either though.

When I was once again able to buy standard magazines for my AR, magazines were the roll of the dice. Some worked fine, some needed upgraded followers and replacement springs. Some had defective bodies.

I resisted buying Magpul at first because previous bad experiences with plastic mags. But, as the evidence piled up, I finally bought and tried my first Pmag. Since then, I found that when I went shopping for mags, Pmags became my default. When I went shooting, I found myself teaching part the aluminum mags for the Pmags. Why? Because they always worked right out of the bag, are easier to load and easier to disassemble and assemble. Because they are always the same.

Because they are easy
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-06-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

They're making M3 FDE-is ones now; they call them MCT now, for military coyote tan. I'm guessing it's a contract issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    They're making M3 FDE-is ones now; they call them MCT now, for military coyote tan. I'm guessing it's a contract issue?
    I think it's "medium" coyote tan.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I used it most of time .
    It's quite impressive !!!!!!!!

User Tag List