Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders

I ordered another shaggy for my p30 this morning. I know of a few acquaintances that want to try some out but keeping with Rich's intentions, I will keep it quiet until the official notice is given. I would not be surprised if there is not a wait list or any notifications next time.

I bought a holster from him years ago and I was given a lot of grieve from friends (some who have bought the shaggy now) from buying from a person who was just starting out. Now look he has raised priced due to demand and I cannot get a holster from him for my guns now due to well all of you guys.

Thanks for making him successful and now trying to get a holster for a P2000 is going to be painful...might as well carry my G26 again until I can get this holster made.

Exclamation What the CCC email said

For the record, here is the actual wording of the email sent out to those waiting for Rich to resume taking orders:

Subject: Custom Carry Concepts
    Date: Wed, Nov 23, 2011 8:02 pm
    To:

Just to clarify, we will open up the online shopping cart for orders by 8am November 26th. We prefer orders to be made online. We will not make any kind of public announcement until December 1st, even on the site, so that those who have received this email have first shot.
    It seems that the time "by 8am November 26th" was in fact met, in that the site was accepting orders a few hours ahead of the promised "by" time, according to the account of some postings here. Since the email didn't say "no earlier than 8am November 26th", CCC did what they said they would do.

However, with all due respect, and no disrespect intended towards anyone, since Pistol-forum.com is a PUBLIC website, it would probably be appropriate for a Pistol-forum.com moderator to remove this whole thread. Just seems kind of rude to be going around the intentions of CCC to keep the news out of the public eye until they make their announcement.
    "You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." -- Jeff Cooper, in "Principles Of Personal Defense"

Two things:

1) I spoke to Rich, to make sure he knew about the post -- he did, and didn't have a problem with it. He said he never asked me or anyone else to not discuss the reopening of the order book.

2) More importantly, he got a big slug of orders, and most likely will shut off orders as of tomorrow. IF YOU WANT A SHAGGY, YOU BETTER ORDER IT NOW.

I guess a lot of people read PF!

I am unsure as to him taking orders, but have the BMC's been shut off in the past? I would like snag a few for EDC for myself.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

CCC will continue to take orders for BMC's and work them in between holster orders. I have ordered BMC's twice while he wasn't taking holster orders. Turn around time was around 3 weeks if I remember correctly. I believe he states that on his website. Great Products, great customer service. No wonder he's swamped.

Site Supporter
    I had a power steering pump go out and in it's death throes take out the belt associated, timing belt, and also crush ball bearings into fragments to go into the tubes, that ate my gun fund.

Which is good, as I'm still undecided.

That being said, I ordered a shaggy, I decided to go with the thicker leather for a heat guard, I figure I would like a comfort layer, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought... Why not go on the side of overkill?

So, it's nice to be moving to AIWB.

When I went on the list for a RCS holster it was 8-10 weeks before I heard from them.

I'd say expect what? 2-4 months on my order? Maybe 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    CCC will continue to take orders for BMC's and work them in between holster orders. I have ordered BMC's twice while he wasn't taking holster orders. Turn around time was around 3 weeks if I remember correctly. I believe he states that on his website. Great Products, great customer service. No wonder he's swamped.
    Good to know.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Anyone have a pic of a shaggy with the leather backing?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Anyone have a pic of a shaggy with the leather backing?
    Here is some pictures from another discussion awhile back that aren't great but better then nothing. The two holsters on the right are Shaggys with leather backing.

I ordered a couple more Shaggys this time around with the comfort leather backing.

User Tag List