Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I wasn't about to post it though, since I figured I'd stay in keeping with his wishes that those interested customers on the pre-order list be given priority.
    Yup, I felt the same way.

Perhaps my bad, although once I saw the site open, I assumed we at PF were the preferred list, given the prevalence of the Shaggy here.

JV and TGS, I assume you waited until 8am this morning to place your order, as opposed to last night when you saw it open again?

High class problem for Rich, when everyone wants his product.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Perhaps my bad, although once I saw the site open, I assumed we at PF were the preferred list, given the prevalence of the Shaggy here.

JV and TGS, I assume you waited until 8am this morning to place your order, as opposed to last night when you saw it open again?

High class problem for Rich, when everyone wants his product.
    I ordered last night at 10:15pm EST and was order # 2552, but I also ordered 3 holsters...The email Kris sent out to us on the pre-order list said the site would be opened at 8am today, but when I checked last night just to see what-if, I lucked out...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Well this sucks. I'm still waiting on mine from the last run, and he'll probably close up before I get it. Hate to order another one before I even know if it works for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    No, I didn't. I don't need a Shaggy for a current carry gun, I bought one, well before 8AM for guns that I don't even own. That being the case, waiting is no big deal.

I just thought that posting it, after he tried to do something nice for repeat customers (and other people that were on his list), was a move that lacked class.

1) Rich is obviously free to fill the orders in any sequence he wishes, regardless of the order they were placed. He was also free to open the ordering on his site at any time he wished.

2) It sounds like you and I each placed an order last night, roughly eleven hours ahead of when we were led to believe we could. The difference between your action and mine, is that once I saw the site was open early, I let others here at Pistol Forum know of the opportunity that you and I took advantage of. I guess I would leave it to others to decide which action lacked class.

Site Supporter
    leave it to others to decide which action lacked class.
    Which action lacked class? From my point of view, there's only one action up for debate, yours. I've done nothing but state an opinion.

Rich specifically said that he was trying to give a list of people a leg up, by getting his advanced notification. After you got "yours", you posted it online. While I'm sure that many not on the list appreciate your efforts, everyone else who was on the list - does not.

In the end, I'm not losing sleep over it, it's just a holster. Ordering wasn't shut down at 8AM, so all we're talking about is a longer wait for some orders. I just thought it wasn't cool.
    Last edited by JV_; 11-26-2011 at 05:06 PM.

JV,

I'm surprised you bought one. I figured you'd make one like you did for your P30. Why did you buy the shaggy, and for what guns you don't currently own?

Like you mentioned the first time we met, I'm still scared of breaking the loop on my Looper, plus if the Shaggy works better overall I figured I'd get one. I bought one for my P2000, and also 1 each for a P2000sk and P30 which I plan on owning. I don't want to buy the gun then have to wait 6 months to carry it the way I please.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Well this sucks. I'm still waiting on mine from the last run, and he'll probably close up before I get it. Hate to order another one before I even know if it works for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Shaggy's are popular enough that if you don't like it you could probably flip it without losing any money.

Site Supporter
    I'm surprised you bought one. I figured you'd make one like you did for your P30. Why did you buy the shaggy, and for what guns you don't currently own?
    My P30 holster worked really well, but it's no Shaggy. Without all of the templates and other things, it's a lot of work to make a good holster. With my reloading stuff slowly trickling in, I have other priorities

I bought one for a Glock 34. I don't have one yet, but I can see myself getting bored with the 19. I'm also looking some leather AIWB holsters, hopefully I'll have a review in mid January.

I'm still scared of breaking the loop on my Looper
    Yea, in AIWB, they do tend to break. I would be cautious about it, but not too worried. I haven't broken a Shaggy yet.
    Last edited by JV_; 11-26-2011 at 05:51 PM.

User Tag List