Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders

Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders

For those waiting, they just opened the web site again tonight for orders.

Thanks for the heads up. I just placed my order #0000002561.

Yes, thank you very much, I got my order in as well! Let the waiting begin......

Thanks for the heads-up. As for backing, what does everyone prefer, none, leather comfort layer, or leather heat shield?

I have also joined the Shaggy Kewl Klub... which means I'm comitted to the M&Pc.

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. As for backing, what does everyone prefer, none, leather comfort layer, or leather heat shield?
    Can't speak to the heat shield but I have been happy with the comfort layer. After attending several thousand round courses IMO the comfort layer affords about all the heat protection and comfort I need without adding too much bulk. Could definitely see the advantage of a heat shield if you run your guns like Todd and shoot large quantities of ammo in a short time frame.

Of the two Shaggy's I've had I chose the leather heat shield backing. It helps protect you when holstering a hot(heat) gun. I have a Comp-Tac IWB and I've been blistered after holstering a pistol after quick, high round count strings of fire as the kydex isn't much of a heat insulator. The leather heat shield really helps and I don't believe it adds much thickness to the rig. I'm not sure the thiskness/material difference between the comfort layer and heat shield. The heat shield does "soften" the holster a bit against my body as well.

BTW, I ordered a couple mag carriers this go around as well. Are they right or left specific? The order didn't specifiy so I assume they will work either way for a bullet forward carry.

Let's start a pool on how long till rich stops taking orders.

My guess is 9 days.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I'm in for 25 days.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Let's start a pool on how long till rich stops taking orders.

My guess is 9 days.
    I concur.

I ordered last night at 10:15pm EST and was order # 2552, but I also ordered 3 holsters. In the matter of one hour, he was already 10 orders up from that, so at least 13 holsters to make within 1 hour of me ordering. So I would say 9 days max, especially since there are 90 people on the pre-order email list. The email Kris sent out to us on the pre-order list said the site would be opened at 8am today, but when I checked last night just to see what-if, I lucked out. I wasn't about to post it though, since I figured I'd stay in keeping with his wishes that those interested customers on the pre-order list be given priority.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List