Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Hacks Thread

A new one I stumbled on for anyone using protein powder to get some extra protein to build/maintain muscle.

I also needed a little extra soluble fiber in the diet, so I came up with a an "Orange Creamsicle" flavored protein drink.

Throw 8oz water, a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder, 1.5 teaspoons of orange flavored psyllium fiber powder, and some ice in a blender bottle. Shake it all up.

Tastes way better than any of the protein powders alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    A new one I stumbled on for anyone using protein powder to get some extra protein to build/maintain muscle.

I also needed a little extra soluble fiber in the diet, so I came up with a an "Orange Creamsicle" flavored protein drink.

Throw 8oz water, a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder, 1.5 teaspoons of orange flavored psyllium fiber powder, and some ice in a blender bottle. Shake it all up.

Tastes way better than any of the protein powders alone.
    Then the next time your heavy squat day comes around, you won't know whether to shit or go blind!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Had to drive a ground rod into the ground, tried the bottle of water thing, it worked very well in dirt, it doesnt work that great in the sandy rocky soil of the west so much. Ive turned several ground rods into pretzels there with an 8 lb hammer.

Needed to pull some fence posts for chain link fence. No concrete, just driven in with the anchor plates. Hmm, water.....put the inline brass nozzle on the hose, full pressure stream, force it into the ground around the post while moving the post around, they pulled right out after a few minutes of hydraulic excavation work. So easy my housekeeper could do it, but shes tougher than me anyways.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I snagged this idea off another forum, and I finally got around to buying one of these: Turns out a Silver Sharpie permanent marker makes a pretty decent way to mark mags. Sharpie will come off with alcohol. The silver is a good contract with the black of the range body. Used it to number some Glock Carry (C) and Range (R) mags before heading out to the range this coming week. Not really earth shattering but it is pretty easy and cheap.

(I bought the Sharpie at Michael's Arts and Crafts this morning. It was available as a single; you do see them in multipacks, but I wanted only the one. I think I was the only male in there though. )

Name:  IMG_7554.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  63.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    ...Silver Sharpie...
    A silver Sharpie paint pen is even better for the job, having used both.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Have to laugh. I only recently noticed that my wife always wipes off the tops of cans before opening and pouring since the tab extends into the container.

I've happily lived my life like a wayward puppy never giving a thought to what little beasties are just waiting to inhabit my insides.
    Good idea since some distribution centers fog their warehouse with bug killer.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Good idea since some distribution centers fog their warehouse with bug killer.
    What doesn't kill you...

Raid!!!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I snagged this idea off another forum, and I finally got around to buying one of these: Turns out a Silver Sharpie permanent marker makes a pretty decent way to mark mags. Sharpie will come off with alcohol. The silver is a good contract with the black of the range body. Used it to number some Glock Carry (C) and Range (R) mags before heading out to the range this coming week. Not really earth shattering but it is pretty easy and cheap.

(I bought the Sharpie at Michael's Arts and Crafts this morning. It was available as a single; you do see them in multipacks, but I wanted only the one. I think I was the only male in there though. )
    I've been using Sharpies for years. In my workshop, I have black, silver, and gold sharpies, among other colors. I use them for lots of things, including marking my magazines. I also have a spreadsheet to keep track of my mags, including when I bought them, and if any are giving me problems. I think I finally gave up on magazine #10 because it kept having a problem on the last round. It was a 10 rounder from the Clinton AWB days, and I tried replacing the follower and spring before relegating it to the nope bin.

Yeah, I've spent a bit of time in Micheals also

Silver sharpies are also good for marking hits on black targets, like B-8s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Silver sharpies are also good for marking hits on black targets, like B-8s.
    And for making witness marks on screws. And every screw on a gun or bow gets witness marks. (Except some grip screws).
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List